Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

lost my virginity, how long until it gets good? watch

I had sex for the first time the other night and it was pretty painful. Not so much I had to get him to stop but it did hurt. We've done it a few times since and it seems to have hurt more every time

Was just wondering how long it took some of you girls for penetration to stop hurting and be enjoyable?

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty normal for it to hurt the firs few times. Make sure there's plenty of foreplay and all that stuff, and try to relax. Getting tense about it hurting can make it hurt more.

If this problem persists and isn't getting better at all then it may be worth seeing a gynaecologist.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know exact time frames but I do remember it being quite a while for me. Just stay relaxed and hang in there, it will get better in time.

perfectly normal for it to hurt a few times. for me i slept with one other person in a one night stand for my first time and then about 2 months late with my now fiance of 5 years. i have to say it hurt for a good 6 or 7 times. I have to say the more comfortable you get with someone the less it hurts. also as you get more confident it will become something you will really relax into. without getting to personal i found being on top really was the position that got me relaxed and enjoying it. Trust me this sounds corny but making love to someone you love rather then having sex with a random really is brilliant. nothing better then exploring together and showing your love. well thats how i feel and trust the first person i was with i fancied the pants off.

(Original post by 03hope03)
    For me we had sex about 5 times before it stopped hurting, although it still does a little when I see him again (LDR, we go 2 months without sex normally ). As for getting good, it's nice once it stops hurting, but for me it's taken a while to get anywhere near close to an orgasm through sex.
    i agree i get as much if not more pleasure for forplay and this is very common among women.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    It never actually hurt for me funny enough. But then again my hymen broke before then, and i was always pretty relaxed about it. But if youre not relaxed enough/wet enough it will be uncomfortable no matter how many times youve done it before.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was about 5/6 times before it stopped hurting. Maybe 10-12 times for the pleasure side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex_1_2_1)
    I think it was about 5/6 times before it stopped hurting. Maybe 10-12 times for the pleasure side.
    :lolwut:

No wonder girls are not so keen to have sex!

ReputationRep:
    You'll eventually WANT it to hurt

(Original post by Walter Ego)
    You'll eventually WANT it to hurt
    what? why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAXED)
    :lolwut:

No wonder girls are not so keen to have sex!
    Well, I'm very keen to have sex now.
    But, losing my virginity was the most painful thing I've experienced so far..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.