Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ive recently been seeing this guy at uni - say for about 10 months, just occasionally getting with each other. It was getting quite serious back in march, when we were sleeping together, but since july or so its only been the occasional kiss on a night out.

He's made it quite clear that he's not looking for anything serious and that he doesnt want me to get too attached, but i can't help but feel like this might be going somewhere, so im kind of leading myself on here.

Aside from that, we're really good friends, talk on the phone every couple of days and hang out in the same social group at uni, so its not like he's using me. I guess its like a friends with benefits thing, but less... skanky.

But Im starting to feel like he doesnt think im 'girlfriend material' because of the sort of 'no strings attached' sex that we used to have - but to be fair that was only twice.

So guys, if you had this kind of relationship with a girl, would you think she's easy..?

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, but you shouldn't delude yourself into thinking that TSR's approval of you being girlfriend material means that he agrees.

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of in the same position as you, what I'll suggest is (what all my friends have said to me), distance yourself from him a little bit...not full on ignorance but just don't make yourself too available and let him come to you and see how he feels when you're not at his beck and call...

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Nah, but you shouldn't delude yourself into thinking that TSR's approval of you being girlfriend material means that he agrees.
    Yeah, i know, i just wanted to get a general idea of how guys view this sort of thing - i dont have a lot of guy mates to discuss this sort of thing with!

ReputationRep:
    He made it quite clear you ain't gonna be his GF so what's the problem? Oh yeh, you can't get over the fact that he doesn't wanna go out with you.

You're not easy, you're just stupid.

(Original post by Hooj)
    He made it quite clear you ain't gonna be his GF so what's the problem? Oh yeh, you can't get over the fact that he doesn't wanna go out with you.

Jeez, calm down mate. Its not that i want to be his girlfriend, its more that i want to make sure he doesnt think any less of me for the kind of relationship i have with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Jeez, calm down mate. Its not that i want to be his girlfriend, its more that i want to make sure he doesnt think any less of me for the kind of relationship i have with him.
    You said you were leading yourself on. You got the wrong end of the stick and no he won't think you're easy. Just don't go all emo on him about it and continue getting boned as usual. Keep things normal but not as frequent as he wants things to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Your OP suggests you do because you said you think it may be going somewhere and you are leading yourself on.
    Also if you aren't interested in being his gf then why should it bother you what he thinks of you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but then again I really like the girls that don't hand it out on a plate (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)

(Original post by Hooj)
    You said you were leading yourself on. You got the wrong end of the stick and no he won't think you're easy. Just don't go all emo on him about it and continue getting boned as usual. Keep things normal but not as frequent as he wants things to be.
    *clack clack clack*

What's that?

Oh yeah - it's the sound of a nail being hit squarely on the head.

OP, listen to her :yep:

ReputationRep:
    No. Most women engage in an arrangement like this at some point in their lives.

Women are usually just as horny as men (and at some times of the month much hornier as their libido goes surging).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    I'm kind of in the same position as you, what I'll suggest is (what all my friends have said to me), distance yourself from him a little bit...not full on ignorance but just don't make yourself too available and let him come to you and see how he feels when you're not at his beck and call...
    Agreed. The only way you can be easy is if you let yourself be. If you don't wana be his fwb but nothing else, then don't become that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.