I have an interview for a GTP primary placement. The lesson will involve you working with a group of 6-10 children who will be of mixed ability Year 1 and Year 2 children (with SEN and EAL children) (See below). I have decided to do my lesson on floating and sinking and was wondering if you could give me any helpful advice on tasks, plenaries or how to explain it to this age child.
Observation of how you work with children
You will be given information about a group of children eg age, gender, ethnicity, disabilities, ability, and whether there are any children who have English as an additional language, behaviour and attainment as well as being given details of the children’s interests. You will also be told of any aspects of the learning environment to take into account and the timing of the session.
1. Select an appropriate resource (stimulus) which could be a piece of prose, poem, picture, piece of music, object.
2. Present and discuss the resource with the children and then carry out a follow up activitiy eg draw, write, talk, act etc. in response to the resource.
3. Close the session in an appropriate way.
The session will be observed by the ITT co-ordinator and at least one other relevant member of staff.
The children will be asked for feedback by an adult and this will be taken into account when the final grade is given.
Follow-up discussion with the observer (30mins – 1 hour)
You will be asked to comment on:
· How and why you chose the stimulus and follow up activity
· What you were hoping the children would learn
· Whether or not learning took place and how you know this
· What made the session successful or unsuccessful
· Anything you would do differently next time.
Also can people give me an idea of question they may ask etc.
any other information would be very much appreciated..
... and the ones that won't