Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How habitual are you with your food/meals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just interested, as I eat practically the same stuff every day!

A chocolate weetabix (not the bitesize, the new chocolate regular-sized ones) in greek yoghurt, and a piece of fruit in the morning (alongside my advent calendar chocolate with ma tea!), then a subway sandwich or salad (always turkey and ham, for some reason) with a half-punnet of berries (blueberries, brambles, raspberries, whatever tesco has on sale), then at night it's ALWAYS fish of some sort; I'm really loving prawns, crab and haddock specifically at the minute, with some mushrooms, baby corn etc... then a bowl of cereal (Golden Nuggets or Cheerios) before bed.

Timing isn't always spot on certain times, but I'm definitely a creature of habit with WHAT I eat!

Who else has food or food time habits?

ReputationRep:
    I have way too much pasta for my own good.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually think I have any! I tend to eat when I'm hungry or if I'm out, I don't have set times, and I try and eat different things each day.

Hmm!

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast, for me, is usually toast or cereal but even that isn't really habitual as I will have different toppings on the toast or a different brand of cereal, depending on what I feel like. Lunch and dinner can be anything, though.

And I just eat when I am hungry, not at a specific time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    I don't actually think I have any! I tend to eat when I'm hungry or if I'm out, I don't have set times, and I try and eat different things each day.

Hmm!
    This, though I really should get into the habit of always eating a good breakfast and as that would probably knock all my other meal times into decent order.

ReputationRep:
    Just like someone else said, I eat when I feel hungry or when I have time (busy days )

ReputationRep:
    I have eating problems, so it varies dramatically unfortunately -_-
    I exist on water made porridge and pears atm. I'm vegetarian too, so I never eat meat or fish.

ReputationRep:
    Eat when I'm hungry. A slice of bread suffices if I can't be bothered to eat but am still hungry.

ReputationRep:
    I eat sooooo many oranges. I have 2 with my lunch every day and then god knows how many when I'm mooching around the house.

ReputationRep:
    I eat pasta and rice in pretty much every evening meal. I try and vary it... but my flatmates do make comments how I eat variations of the same meal a lot of the time. Pasta+sauce and stir fries are my main staple, occasionally spag bowl or curries. I love it though, just change the meat/vegetables/sauce or how well you cook the pasta/vegetables and it's a completely different meal.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit screwed tbh at uni, but at home it's more routine in terms of time. Food is ever changing though. :yy:

At uni I can eat my dinner as late as 11pm At home, dinner is usually between 6:30-7:30, lunch is usually around 1:30pm but sometimes as late as 3pm.

I can't understand people who eat their dinner at 5-5:30pm every day. That's too early and thinking about it makes me feel sick - who is honestly hungry at that time? I tried it a couple of times and each time was doubled over with hunger by 8:30pm... not worth it at all.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ch0llima)
      At uni I can eat my dinner as late as 11pm ... thinking about it makes me feel sick
      Paraphrasing corrections

Eating that late just makes me feel bloated when I go to bed, unless you go to bed at 4am regularly? If I'm hungry at 11, I'd rather go to bed on an empty stomach and eat in the morning.

ReputationRep:
      The only habitual thing I have is a glass of milk with breakfast and a cup of tea when I get in from uni. Me and two of my housemates drink enough tea to sink a ship.

I go through phases of eating 3 meals a day to eating two, to one, to eating nothing but toast. I tend to eat whenever I'm hungry and don't snack unless I'm writing essays or revising. I'm not well at the moment so I'm eating barely anything. Yay for tonsilitus...

ReputationRep:
      I almost always have the same cereal for breakfast, and usually have a ham salad roll for lunch, but tea varies enormously.

ReputationRep:
      I also almost always have a bowl of cereal for breakfast in the same bowl with the same spoon.

And lunch is a seeded wrap filled with houmus, 5 slices of sandwich ham, 3 slices of cucumber and a handful of salad. With 2 sticks of celery and a yoghurt.

This is every work day for the past 6 months and i'm not sick of it yet

Creature of habit ftw!

ReputationRep:
      I dont really eat particular meals anyway. Usually 2 meals is max for me. Easy to do at uni as i can eat what i want, when i want. But at home its more difficult as I have to get around my mother nagging me...

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.