Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls/gay guys only please Watch

Anon or delete please - he's on here
    I want to get some cologne/ EDT for my boyfriend for Christmas, but I don't know which one to get. I want one that will make him smell irresistible, whilst not being too expensive. In your experience, what colognes/ perfumes have you found the most attractive on a male?
    Sorry for posting such a trivial thread, but I'm stuck

bump

ReputationRep:
    personally i wear female perfume.

on other guys, i adore the smell of 'joop! jump' if i'm getting close to them. mmmm.

ReputationRep:
    Armani always do nice smelling fragrances

ReputationRep:
    WTF? Why girls/gay guys?

You don't deserve help.

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
    WTF? Why girls/gay guys?

You don't deserve help.
    The whole point of the thread is to see what fragrances are attractive on a male. Are you attracted to males? No? Then your opinion is of no use to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    The whole point of the thread is to see what fragrances are attractive on a male. Are you attracted to males? No? Then your opinion is of no use to me.
    So does that mean I dont know what fragrances women like (hence make men irresistible or however you put it?) NO so STFU.

ReputationRep:
    I like joop! jump, go or the limited edition summer homme one. (I'm not to keen on the normal homme one)

My ex used to wear joop!, and he always smelled great

ReputationRep:
    Chanel - Bleu or Jean Paul Gaultier

ReputationRep:
    Anything but the teenage boy smell of 'lynx' * shudders*

ReputationRep:
    Hugo Boss is always win for me. Sometimes Armani too. To be honest, anything my bf wears makes him rather irresistible!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard "Le Right Guard" is very in this year.

(I have no idea)

ReputationRep:
    I really like XS by Paco Rabanne.... so much that I wear it too

(Original post by HumanNature1992)
    So does that mean I dont know what fragrances women like (hence make men irresistible or however you put it?) NO so STFU.
    Who do you think I'm more likely to ask for an opinion as to what women like? An actual ****ing woman, or you?
    There are currently three 'badmen' within my sight 'chillin' against a lamp post. Their sense in clothing completely revolts me - despite them obviously thinking themselves irresistible. Now, I'm not calling you a chav or anything, but this is an example: sometimes, when guys think they're attractive to girls (or vice versa), they simply aren't.
    Which is why I'm actually asking the people who have been attracted, rather than the people who are trying to attract.
    But please, feel free to leave whatever suggestion you may have, and stop acting like you're actually offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Who do you think I'm more likely to ask for an opinion as to what women like? An actual ****ing woman, or you?
    There are currently three 'badmen' within my sight 'chillin' against a lamp post. Their sense in clothing completely revolts me - despite them obviously thinking themselves irresistible. Now, I'm not calling you a chav or anything, but this is an example: sometimes, when guys think they're attractive to girls (or vice versa), they simply aren't.
    Which is why I'm actually asking the people who have been attracted, rather than the people who are trying to attract.
    But please, feel free to leave whatever suggestion you may have, and stop acting like you're actually offended.
    Lol wtf are u on about? What's these "badmen chilling against a lampost" got to do with a thread on fragrances?

But sometimes some guys do genuinely get compliments from girls, enough to know that the scent smells good. So to resort to not EVEN hearing the opinions of straight males who may have genuinely gotten comments and compliments from the opposite sex would seemingly be as retarded as asking gay guys/women as everyone as proven in this thread have different ideas on what is attractive. So fail thread.

ReputationRep:
    You can go with the tried and tested 'popular' scents like: Le Male by Gaultier, Acqua di Gio, L'ea d'issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake, Coolwater, 1 million Paco Rabanne. The only drawback is that they are extremely popular, but you can't deny that they generally smell good (often bit feminine imo) and YES pretty much every female likes them. Trust me-- I'm a guy but women complement these regularly.

I would not wear them though due to popularity and the fact I wear fragrances for me first. I have my own identity thing going on, silly me

For winter, test out Burberry London. It really does smell like Christmas trees and it's more masculine than the above (better for slightly older guy in my opinion though, like out of university and above). Also gets plenty of complements :yes:

ReputationRep:
    1 million by paco robanne
    diesel fuel for life
    davidoff coolwater
    joop original (pink) or JUMP. both good
    armani code / acqua di gio

any of them really

not gay, but you know what fragrances to wear when you get complimented for wearing them

ReputationRep:
    Can't you go to a shop and smell some samples? If this is for your boyfriend, then surely the important thing is how much you like it?

ReputationRep:
    I have just brought my boyfriend Lacoste- challenge. Smells fresh and love the smell. Not to expensive for the smaller bottles about average proce for the larger ones.

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to find a scent that I cannot resist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.