Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what are the practicals out of? i know they're out of 40 in total
    last year i can remember that the qualitative was /10
    quantitative and evaluative both /15.
    are they the same for A2?
    i got told my mark for a qualitative and evaluative assessments yesterday and want to know if the evaluative is out of 15 or 20 (In bio the evaluative is out of 20..)
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd expect same in A2.
    I've only done the eval so far this year which was indeed 15 so I can't see it being any different.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay good! that means i got 14/15 for the evaluative so probs wont need to do another one got 8/10 in one of the qualitative ones too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    I did this exact paper ...I got 14/15
    gonna retake it though
    Why would you retake it when you got 14/15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    Exactly! LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    to get 15
    i wanna get the maximum marks in my practical ...
    i really need to work hard in chem

ReputationRep:
    to get 15
    Imo you'd be wasting your time. Focus on the two other practicals, quantitative and qualitative, and get around 90% in them and you'll get 90% overall in the practical unit. Get 90% average from the other two exam units and you could get an A* in chemistry! Provided you get at least an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were out of 60?

ReputationRep:
    raw mark 40, scaled mark /60 UMS

ReputationRep:
    I did this exact paper ...I got 14/15
    gonna retake it though
    yo ucan't retake the same practical though, as you know exactly what's on the paper...

ReputationRep:
    he didnt mean retake that exact paper, just do another of the 3 available evaluative tasks

ReputationRep:
    i think all colleges are different tbh. i've only done a qualitative and an evaluative so far. depends on what you get taught in what order. as far as i know, my sixth form won't be doing any more A2 chem practicals until about easter time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sc0307)
    he didnt mean retake that exact paper, just do another of the 3 available evaluative tasks
    There's 3 available? I thought there was only one of each that every college did! Just shows my college doesn't tell us anything... the teachers must pick them.

We haven't got a chance to retake any...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma2010)
    There's 3 available? I thought there was only one of each that every college did! Just shows my college doesn't tell us anything... the teachers must pick them.

We haven't got a chance to retake any...
    Wow thats really mean!

OCR give out 3 different tasks for each of the quant, qual and evaluative tasks. My teacher makes us do all of them and picks the best grade from the 3.

ReputationRep:
    i hate the coursework we have to do, seriously hate it

brings my grade down everytime :banghead:

arghhh

ReputationRep:
    to get 15
    Your are right! I think I should retake mine as well...

ReputationRep:
    Hey all can anyone help me?? I have 2 exams this next week, The evaluation of Group 2 Carbonates (Evaluative) :P and an Evaluative on orders and rates. If anyone could help i may be able to help with yours I have done lots of them

Hate Practical Skills! It is the thing which is gonna stop me getting and A in Chem

ReputationRep:
    Reminder: Content-specific discussion of practical exams is considered cheating and is not allowed on TSR. This includes asking what will/might come up in an exam, asking for hints/tips and offering to give that information etc. Please read the announcements on the topic. Keep it general please folks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.