Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

High volume v low volume......argue your point! watch

ReputationRep:
    Everyone interested in weight lifting may know a little about the debate between volume training. Which one do you think is most effective? For the sake of argument I'm gonna say 10 sets or less is low volume with 12+ being high volume. I personally find 9 sets for bigger muscles and roughly 4 for the smaller ones beneficial.

Sorry didn't make it clear.
    10 sets per body part I.e back/ chest
    4 sets per smaller body parT I.e bicep / tricep

ReputationRep:
    10 sets of what? Either way, I don't know if most people would consider 10 sets of anything as low volume.

And besides, there's probably a time and a place for both. And it depends on the person, amongst other things.

ReputationRep:
    As high volume as your body allows without over training is a good thing to aim for.

ReputationRep:
    Most effective for what?

Are you talking on one exercise or a whole workout?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattGriff)
    Most effective for what?

Are you talking on one exercise or a whole workout?
    As a whole workout and for muscle growth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    As a whole workout and for muscle growth
    Well if it is for muscle growth then I don't really care lol, let the bodybuilders argue it out

ReputationRep:
    Muscle growth is high reps.

I bet you also want strength gains too then you're stuck with the 1-5 rep range.

Just for ****s n giggles do a 10*10 rep/set squat workout with medium weights for your ability. Sore body the next day is guaranteed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    As high volume as your body allows without over training is a good thing to aim for.
    The most sensible thing said in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Muscle growth is high reps.

I bet you also want strength gains too then you're stuck with the 1-5 rep range.

Just for ****s n giggles do a 10*10 rep/set squat workout with medium weights for your ability. Sore body the next day is guaranteed.

....remind me never to listen to your advice :rolleyes:

whatever works for you as an individual

try different things out, see what you respond too

everyone is different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigeon)
    ....remind me never to listen to your advice :rolleyes:
    lol

Please tell me you understand the meaning of mass and strength.

FYI I'm more clued up than you think honey so yeah, dont take my advice I wouldnt waste it on the likes of you.

ReputationRep:
    Most oly lifting training is very high volume and thats about max power so the whole volume=size thing aint exactly concrete...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 21, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.