Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need to update my CV but have the following Qualifications:-

2009 – Date MA International Security & Terrorism - Kings College London
    2006 – 2009 LLB Law– University of Leeds
    2004 – 2006 A Levels: Economics (A) Geography (B), History (C)
    2000 – 2004 GCSE: History (A), Geography (A), Maths(B), French (B), English (B), Science (BB), English Literature (C), ICT (C)

I have been told that I do not need to include my uni grades unless they are outstanding. I achieved a 2.2 unfortunately for my undergrad but a Merit (2.1 level) for my Masters.

Should I even delete my grades for my A level and GCSES? How should I lay out my qualifications on my CV ?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    On my CV, I've got my A Level and AS Level grades down. For GCSE I just put "9 GCSE passes grade A-C including English Language grade blah and Mathematics grade blah". It's not really necessary to put all of your GCSE grades, especially now you've got a masters.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    It should be

2009 – 10 King's College, London, MA International Security & Terrorism (Merit)
    2006 – 09 University of Leeds, LLB Law (2.2)
    2000 – 06 School Name, Town
    A Level Economics (A) Geography (B), History (C)
    8 GCSEs including English and Maths

You can drop any mention of GCSEs if you want/need the space.

ReputationRep:
    Is it posisble to not put down the 2.2 in my undergrad as many have said that I dont need to list unless i obtained outstanding results - and these can be spoken about more in later stages.

Also, what if i just list the qualifications down but not grades?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riz_K)
    Is it posisble to not put down the 2.2 in my undergrad as many have said that I dont need to list unless i obtained outstanding results - and these can be spoken about more in later stages.

Also, what if i just list the qualifications down but not grades?
    It will be assumed you got bad grades that you are embarrassed/ashamed of. That may well be true, but a) it indicates you are someone not able to face the facts if you don't like them and b) the reader/employer might assume your grades were worse than they actually were.

Edit: That is for Bachelors degree and A levels. Don't ever put your GCSE grades in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.