Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls who prefer conventional dating Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you go as far as a kiss on the first date?

In the past I have kissed guys I liked on first dates but now question whether it was a bit easy of me. I have a date coming up and I'm wondering if it would be too uptight of me to just give the cheek.

ReputationRep:
    Shake hands on a first date (unless you have met them before).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Shake hands on a first date (unless you have met them before).
    lol no I mean a proper kiss say at the end of the date.

ReputationRep:
    If you feel like a proper kiss then go for it, it doesn't make you easy. Depends how fast you want the relationship to go really.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just don't. If the guy gets touchy about it and shows a loss of interest afterwards, then you know he's not the kind of guy you're after. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    There are far worse things that you could do to render yourself easy on a first date. A kiss is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with that...

ReputationRep:
    If you like him and want to, why not? Hardly as if anyones being hurt in the situation

ReputationRep:
    I'd tease them ... get really close to let them know you want to kiss em but then just pull back to let them know you are in control.

Altho some guys ARE truly irresistible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3L4Y)
    I'd tease them ... get really close to let them know you want to kiss em but then just pull back to let them know you are in control. In my experience, it motivates them.

Altho some guys ARE truly irresistible.
    Lol, cool. Thanks for the tip although I was only asking in terms of not wanting to be easy not because I want to show that I'm in control. If have to resort to doing things to show a guy that I'm the one in the driving seat then he's probably not worth my time.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with it, if you want to, do it.

ReputationRep:
    Depends, if it was a (how to put it) a friendly sort of date, then maybe a peck on the cheek. Whereas a serious date, then why not! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I wouldn't really full-on kiss a guy on a first date, but I think that a peck on the cheek is okay if you really like him :blushing:

EDIT: lol, F.I! You beat me to it! xD

ReputationRep:
    I think a kiss on the first date if you really like him would be a good thing, he's sure there is something there and you're not messing him about, so you can hold out for longer on the naughty stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you have time for before you need to be back in the cloister.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    Lol, cool. Thanks for the tip although I was only asking in terms of not wanting to be easy not because I want to show that I'm in control. If have to resort to doing things to show a guy that I'm the one in the driving seat then he's probably not worth my time.
    Lol..sorry, no problem. It's just that where I come from someone that's easy is usually lacking in self control. But that doesn't always apply. Nowadays a kiss doesn't mean as much as it did before. You hear of people kissing more than 5 guys a night. Kissing someone on a first date is rarely looked at as "easy" any more.

Spoiler:
    Show

And I don't mean I NEED to show I'm in control.

I just like teasing.

ReputationRep:
    WTF is this ****?

You're planning this in advance?

What?

Go on the date. If you want to kiss him, kiss him. If you don't, don't.

Stop playing retarded little games. Sheesh, how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    Whatever you have time for before you need to be back in the cloister.
    Lol, that's why the title said 'girls who prefer conventional dating'. I wasn't looking for responses from the liberated woman who doesn't set herself boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailschao)
    WTF is this ****?

You're planning this in advance?

What?

Go on the date. If you want to kiss him, kiss him. If you don't, don't.

Stop playing retarded little games. Sheesh, how old are you?
    I'm not playing games. I'm setting myself some boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I'm not playing games. I'm setting myself some boundaries.
    You're deciding in advance what you are and aren't going to do based on how it will make you appear. "OMG shud I do ths will it mk me look esy?!/1!/!??/1/?!!22/!/!". "No I nvr nvr evr do tht until X time has passed".

You don't want to call it playing games - fine.

What ever you want to call it, it's still pathetic.

If you want to kiss him on the first date, do it. If you want to take him into some bushes and **** the living daylights out of him on the first date, do it. You won't know what you want until you actually go on the date. "Setting boundaries" in advance? Oh, please. Grow up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.