Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Amsterdam (Schiphol to Train Station) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I am supposed to be arriving to Amsterdam this week and I have a question. How does one get from the airport to the train station to get into amsterdam?

Is there a rail AT the airport? Or do I have to catch a bus from the airport to the train station. As you can imagine, with the weather and everything, I want to make this as easy a transition as possible.

I am trying to this out with google maps but it isn't really helping. Any experienced Amsterdam traveler would probably be a much better source.

ReputationRep:
    There's a train station at Schipol, right in the basement. Train's go all around Amsterdam from there, definitely a direct train from Schipol to Centraal, very easy!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just follow the signs in the airport to get to the train, it's pretty clear when you're there. Most Dutch people have good English and are pretty friendly, so if you're worried about the train you're getting on just ask.

ReputationRep:
    what those guys said. The train station is underneath the airport, my friends and I nearly got on the wrong train though (n00bs that we were) so be sure to ask someone who looks friendly whether or not the train is destined for centraal.

ReputationRep:
    thank you all very much! this will be my first time in AMS so you can imagine, I just want to enjoy it and not get lost in the snow

happy holidays!

ReputationRep:
    They have those really awesome double decker trains as well :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    oops, nvm, someone already answered my question.

please wish me luck with the snow and such. i am so anxious. i don't want my flight to be cancelled

ReputationRep:
    When I first went I was the same, I had no clue. The great thing about Holland is everyone speaks perfect English, so if you do have problems, it's never an issue asking someone for help. Follow the instructions above and have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    Have a fantastic time! And I'm sure the snow will be fine.

I'm going to NL on Tuesday, I can't wait. Skating on the canals (I hope they last till next week!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chinaberry)
    Have a fantastic time! And I'm sure the snow will be fine.

I'm going to NL on Tuesday, I can't wait. Skating on the canals (I hope they last till next week!)
    I am going on Tuesday also! But from Scotland and right now there is a lot of snow falling. ahhh, I am so distressed

ReputationRep:
    If I remember correctly, there are 4 trains every hour as well so you'll have no problem getting into the Dam.

ReputationRep:
    The Dutch trains from Schipol are awesome. Not the fastest in the world but almost completely silent, especially if you go on the top deck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.