Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do black people have a natural gift for music and athletics? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think black people are naturally better than other races at singing and dancing, and do you think they are naturally better adapt to physical activities and more athletic? Or do you think they have the same abilities in these fields as every other race?

ReputationRep:
    lol yes. it's true isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    What a ridiculous thing to say. It doesn't matter what ****ing race you are, christ how many threads like these are we going to have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redkicker)
    Do you think black people are naturally better than other races at singing and dancing, and do you think they are naturally better adapt to physical activities and more athletic? Or do you think they have the same abilities in these fields as every other race?
    Simple thread of the day winner

ReputationRep:
    not really :L
    i'm black and not very good at either tbh.
    ahaha

ReputationRep:
    yes ........ and they also cannot swim.

course not

its just inherent in many black cultures to put alot of effort into music and naturally that is passed on through generations

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes if you got a lot of competitive black swimmers, which you don't.
    They come up with Rock and Roll, or Electronica music either, but I would say yes if they did.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a bit of a generalisation. I'm black, and I do love to sing and dance. But I'm also pretty bad at both :lol:

That said, I am a pretty decent runner :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Read: Race Differences in Intelligence: An Evolutionary Analysis by Lynn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    yes ........ and they also cannot swim.

course not

its just inherent in many black cultures to put alot of effort into music and naturally that is passed on through generations
    not really..............

I wouldn't say it's a gift, but it is true that blacks tend to be better at athletics, due to genetic evolutions.

You see Phil, in reality we aren't all as equal as the state proposes, and we do not come with the same number of skill points that we can assign into categories of our choice, like on Fallout 3.

When people aren't equal, it doesn't mean that one is better and one is worse, just that they are not equal.

I'm white btw, before anyone accuses me of Mugabe syndrome.

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be interesting. I was wondering what I'd do for entertainment tonight (i have no life) Let me get some popcorn.

EDIT: Who the flip negged me, I'm just looking for some light entertainment!

Listen people, and im only gonna say this once
    The only way we can prove anything would be to get a large amount of white, black and asian babies, raise them in exactly the same environment with exactly the same upbringing and opportunities and see how they progress. However this is probably unethical, so the only way we could do this would be to observe somewhere where this occurs naturally. So I'll just give Angelina and Brad a call shall I?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Yes we have Well not in my case!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing we're distinctively better at is running, nothing much else.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    not really..............

I wouldn't say it's a gift, but it is true that blacks tend to be better at athletics, due to genetic evolutions.

You see Phil, in reality we aren't all as equal as the state proposes, and we do not come with the same number of skill points that we can assign into categories of our choice, like on Fallout 3.

When people aren't equal, it doesn't mean that one is better and one is worse, just that they are not equal.

I'm white btw, before anyone accuses me of Mugabe syndrome.
    well in broad terms it has been proven time and time again that east asian people have the highest IQ's in the world but look at the amazing scientific and artistic feats that have emerged from europe in the last 100 years compared to the same time period in the east i.e. modern science and medicine but thats only because a stable culture of prosperity could support developments which leads many to believe that enviroment is the greatest factor on balance because although genitically a black person has the most potential to be a great athlete this wont happen if he/she is born woth parents with bad eating habbits. Look at black christianity as only one small area in which music is an important part of daily life in one type of black culture, the same enthuasiasm is seen in black culture all over the world and it probably explains why so many are great musicians.

we arent all born equal in terms of what our race says about our academic, physical or musical/artistic potential but its obvious that genetics can be overcome to a small extent through hard work.

ReputationRep:
    gift for music hahahahahhahahahaahaa

ReputationRep:
    *yawn*

ReputationRep:
    It's cos they got swag ofc.

But in all seriousness, athletics maybe. I think it'd be a bit daft to deny that black people and white people are genetically identical when it comes to running (I know it's all about the individual though, obviously), but in terms of music ... I doubt it. I haven't noticed black people being massively over represented in the charts etc. I know rap for example is dominated by black people, but equally rock is dominated by white people, and overall I don't really see any ethnicity over represented in the charts.

ReputationRep:
    meh lets end this thread quick, it's not worth a debate :unimpressed:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well either way I'd like to know why nearly every single white person I know cannot stick to a rhythm when they dance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phill232)
    well in broad terms it has been proven time and time again that east asian people have the highest IQ's in the world but look at the amazing scientific and artistic feats that have emerged from europe in the last 100 years compared to the same time period in the east i.e. modern science and medicine but thats only because a stable culture of prosperity could support developments which leads many to believe that enviroment is the greatest factor on balance because although genitically a black person has the most potential to be a great athlete this wont happen if he/she is born woth parents with bad eating habbits. Look at black christianity as only one small area in which music is an important part of daily life in one type of black culture, the same enthuasiasm is seen in black culture all over the world and it probably explains why so many are great musicians.

we arent all born equal in terms of what our race says about our academic, physical or musical/artistic potential but its obvious that genetics can be overcome to a small extent through hard work.
    IQ is a measure of how competent you are at IQ tests, namely tests based on logical-mathematical propositions. It is not interchangeable with intelligence.

anyway, I didn't read all your post because my tea is ready. I will read it when I return.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.