Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, i just got the Desire HD, but cant figure out how to do is to i can see my e-mails!. On all pictures of the screen, you can see the little widgets, one of them being the mail one, with a picture of an envelope.

I want to do it sho if i have 5 e-mails it has a number 5 there. At the moment, using the application i cant even log in.

Please help!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Okay rewrite that in English then I'll help. I've set up my email on the DHD fine and it was easy so I'm surprising you're struggling. The only slight hindrance was finding pop settings for my emails.

ReputationRep:
    That's some funny **** yo

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: i have the wildfire - if you rewrite the question i could help! But right now im puzzled :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ree-Shay)
    :rofl: i have the wildfire - if you rewrite the question i could help! But right now im puzzled :wtf:

(Original post by silent ninja)
    That's some funny **** yo

(Original post by yoyo462001)
    Okay rewrite that in English then I'll help. I've set up my email on the DHD fine and it was easy so I'm surprising you're struggling. The only slight hindrance was finding pop settings for my emails.

Sorry, here it goes.

I use 3 -email adresses.

I want all 3 to be linked to my phone

I want my phone to to say when i have an e-mail.

I have troed to do this, but i always get an erorr and have no idea what pop settings domain names etc are all about.

I have a HTC DESIRE HD

Thankyou for any help

ReputationRep:
    I just bought one a few hours ago.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.I.)
    Sorry, here it goes.

I use 3 -email adresses.

I want all 3 to be linked to my phone

I want my phone to to say when i have an e-mail.

I have troed to do this, but i always get an erorr and have no idea what pop settings domain names etc are all about.

I have a HTC DESIRE HD

Thankyou for any help
    Okay I had this problem too, you need to go to your email provider and find the settings. Usually they will have a webpage with it on all on it. Look for things which say Pop/IMAp. I had to fiddle with mine a bit to get the outgoing server and incoming adresses right but nothing that too more than 10 minutes. PS this is all in the non Gmail app i.e. the mail app. After it will display all your emails in one list but will have different colours on the left of them so you know yellow is work email blue is personal. Whenever I get email regardless of the account it comes onto my email app.
    (Original post by thedepressedchild)
    I just bought one a few hours ago.
    Awesome, how are you finding it. Just a heads up, beware of your battery you need to wait for it to condition. Mine is getting better, had it on for about 10 hours and it had only gone down to 83% (at 63% after 18 hours now). All normal usage.

Though I'm about to destroy my battery by playing Pokemon Fire Red :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Okay I had this problem too, you need to go to your email provider and find the settings. Usually they will have a webpage with it on all on it. Look for things which say Pop/IMAp. I had to fiddle with mine a bit to get the outgoing server and incoming adresses right but nothing that too more than 10 minutes. PS this is all in the non Gmail app i.e. the mail app. After it will display all your emails in one list but will have different colours on the left of them so you know yellow is work email blue is personal. Whenever I get email regardless of the account it comes onto my email app.
    Awesome, how are you finding it. Just a heads up, beware of your battery you need to wait for it to condition. Mine is getting better, had it on for about 10 hours and it had only gone down to 83% (at 63% after 18 hours now). All normal usage.

Though I'm about to destroy my battery by playing Pokemon Fire Red :ahee:
    well its still being delivered but tell me , how do you 'condition' the battery?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedepressedchild)
    well its still being delivered but tell me , how do you 'condition' the battery?
    There's a procedure HTC gave, if you do a search in the Desire HD forum on Xda you'll find it. I haven't actually done it yet because my battery seems to be getting better, easily last a day on normal use on heavy use maybe 13-16 hours.

ReputationRep:
    There's a procedure HTC gave, if you do a search in the Desire HD forum on Xda you'll find it. I haven't actually done it yet because my battery seems to be getting better, easily last a day on normal use on heavy use maybe 13-16 hours.
    i see. oh ok kool, is this it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755903

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.