The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Film and Media Studies 2011

Has anyone else applied for this? Have you recieved an offer yet?
Reply 1
Helloo :smile: I've applied and got a coditional offer. :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Aw well done! When did you send your ucas off ? I want an offer soooo bad! Would definatly be my first choice then
Reply 3
Hey :smile: I sent off my application in early December & just got a conditional offer about two days ago for this course.
:biggrin:
Reply 4
Ahhhh i sent mine off way before december :/ I reallllly hope i get an offer!
Reply 5
yayyyyyyyyyyy got an offer! :biggrin: Going to have to start working so hard now though, for some reason i thought entry was 260 but just looked and its 280. At least i have motivation now which is what i've been missing lol
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6

Well Done :biggrin: x
Reply 7
Original post by vickyyyy
Aw well done! When did you send your ucas off ? I want an offer soooo bad! Would definatly be my first choice then

I was a bit paranoid so sent it off as soon as I was told we could. Think it was October-ish time. I'm sure they won't be too long now.
Reply 8
this course is bunk, it feels like two GCSE subjects have been taped together and then underfunded. Most of the students are lazy and incompetent as well (atleast they were in my year) which makes most group work a farce. between the first and second term the seminar attendance in my group went down from about 20 odd people to on average 4 on a good day.

I seriously recommend doing another course, this one is a waste of time.. I'd hate to think how much money you'd waste once the tutition fees go up too, I'd say that 90%+ of people who do this course don't get a job in anything remotly film or media either if they manage to endure their way through this degree.
Reply 9
I've only just seen your reply, did everyone else on your course feel the same way? Would you say its the teaching thats bad or just the course in general ? What sort of stuff were you doing?

Also anyone thats been given an offer, how many ucas points do they want from you ?
They want 280 from me, they've told 2 of my friends 300 and they've asked another one of my friends to go in for a interview before they give him an offer or not.
Reply 10
finallyyy someone else aha,
Reply 11
i'm going too
Reply 12
Can't believe we are all gonna be on this course together, well scary!!!!
Soooooo exciting tho - and please dont put us off, whoever posted all that stuff??!! Too late now!!
Not suprised a lot of people sat on their arses and didn't get jobs afterwards - media is a proper bunk if you look at it that way... If you put the work in, meet the right people and push further than your uni work you will be fine - I've done work exp. at Granada, BBC, Baby Cow and a couple of casting companies and they all said a degree is WELL worth it in this industry.
And when I met and went one of the lecturers (Helen?!?) she basically said it's not what you know but WHO.... SO get ready to do lots of networking!!!

hahaha See u all in September.... and if you're doing this course then add me on fb!!!! (Message me and I will link u!!) xx:redface:
Reply 13
I really want to go on this course, my offer was 320 ucas points, not sure why its so high! :frown: Im kindof hanging on to the hope that they will still let me on if i get 280 like the website says D;
Reply 14
320! that is high, my offer was 280 and two of my friends offer was 300
Reply 15
Original post by Cooljack
this course is bunk, it feels like two GCSE subjects have been taped together and then underfunded. Most of the students are lazy and incompetent as well (atleast they were in my year) which makes most group work a farce. between the first and second term the seminar attendance in my group went down from about 20 odd people to on average 4 on a good day.

I seriously recommend doing another course, this one is a waste of time.. I'd hate to think how much money you'd waste once the tutition fees go up too, I'd say that 90%+ of people who do this course don't get a job in anything remotly film or media either if they manage to endure their way through this degree.

That is more than a little disconcerting.
Reply 16
Hi guys, the course is good, I was on it last year but totally messed it up and missed loads but im doing it again in september, add me on fb Maegan Whitehouse and course its gunna be bunk off course if you bunk off....

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending