Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm in year 13 atm. I can't just move out. No money (well not near enough), no job, need to concentrate on resits/exams, too scared i suppose...

Today has been the last straw. I cannot stand my parents. I cannot stand the constant arguing in the house. I have not had a normal conversation ( for more than 1 minute) in 2/3 years. It was my 18th birthday 2 weeks ago. I thought things would change. Today, I wanted to go round a mates to watch a film, and come back at about 10/11. And i was being screamed at. Threatened with one of those big umbrellas. Reason? because it's too icy, and i can't "walk".

I have no freedom whatsoever. Yeah someone will say asian families have it a lot worse, but those are extremes. And for me, this is as bad as it gets.

Edit: a few posts down is the rest of my original post, there is some sort of error so can't paste into here...

ReputationRep:
    Huh? I can't stand living at home either. Tell me more.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    lol i had that too. now i have left college i have more freedom

ReputationRep:
    Intending to go to uni? If so, just hold onto to that.

If not, pray you find a job as quick as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nymthae)
    Intending to go to uni? If so, just hold onto to that.

If not, pray you find a job as quick as possible.
    yeah i am, there's more of my original post, except tsr isn't letting me post it :s

ReputationRep:
    Everyday my AS grades are brought up, they weren't even that bad. I hardly went out last year like once a month/2 month ? and if i did, it was like a party/sleepover (except i had to come home at like 11/12). ANd they keep telling me, oh yeah look what happened last year, you'll be working at mcdonalds...
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to sound like some stroppy teenager, but I just cannot stand my parents. They know nothing about me. Favourite colour, favourite food, how i like my tea (every time i say dont pour loads of milk, or i'll do it, they'll put like half a glass of milk in it) and i have lived with them for 18 years!!!!!!

I need some advice and motivation to keep me going tbh, i just can't stop crying, and it desn't help when i've been having health issues related to stress as well

I can't wait for uni, but it's so far away, like 10 months away.

sorry tsr is being weird, and not letting me post :s

ReputationRep:
    Keep your head down, stick to revision and get the grades for uni. When they shout at you be calm, rational and don't shout back. Do you attempt conversation with them or just hide in your room? Try speaking to them bout it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.