The Student Room Group

Why is it racist to acknowledge difference?

Black people ARE GENERALLY better at sport- it's genetics, they GENERALLY have more muscle twitch fibres and put muscle on faster.

Is that ok to say?

Now what if I put it in a negative light, they are also GENERALLY less intelligent than white counterparts in terms of IQ tests/career development etc (obviously there's a lot of socio-economic issues invovled there) but to say black people are better at sport implies white people are worse, so why is it so bad to say black people are less intelligent.

neg me all you want but you're just being ignorant and in your strong desire to appear non-racist, simply mask that inherently you probably are racist.

and fyi, no i'm not racist.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
White men can't jump.
Reply 2
Original post by NathanW18
White men can't jump.

Fair point, but we can swim.
"and fyi, no i'm not racist."

I am not sure how you can say that when you are claiming that Black people are less intelligent than White people and therefore, that isn't that an inherently racist statement?
Reply 4
Chinese people have AMAZING calf/thigh ratio, the ones I know are really clever. I like them.

This has nothing to do with this thread. Sorry.

I just like Oriental guys :blush:

:getmecoat:
Reply 5
I can dance like Mick Jagger. No wonder so many gay men hit on me.
Original post by JammyDoughnut

I think if black people had more access to swimming pools, they would be better at that as well.
Reply 7
Ah this is all so silly.
Reply 8
Original post by DorianGrayism
"and fyi, no i'm not racist."

I am not sure how you can say that when you are claiming that Black people are less intelligent than White people and therefore, that isn't that an inherently racist statement?

This. I just don't think generalisations like that should be made in general. And anyway OP, how is career advancement only due to intelligence? I think intelligence is a very small factor..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9

I'll give you guys that.
Reply 10
Original post by channy
I can dance like Mick Jagger. No wonder so many gay men hit on me.

Is the film in your sig (seven samurai i think) good?
Black people ARE GENERALLY better at sport- it's genetics, they GENERALLY have more muscle twitch fibres and put muscle on faster.

Is that ok to say?

Now what if I put it in a negative light, they are also GENERALLY less intelligent than white counterparts in terms of IQ tests/career development etc (obviously there's a lot of socio-economic issues invovled there) but to say black people are better at sport implies white people are worse, so why is it so bad to say black people are less intelligent.

neg me all you want but you're just being ignorant and in your strong desire to appear non-racist, simply mask that inherently you probably are racist.

Because black people don't have more muscle twitch fibers. Males have more than femals but black and whites and other enthnicities have roughly an equal amount. That's not to say some people don't have more than others but it's not necessarily due to colour.
Reply 12
JammyDoughnut I am going to troll you one every thread you make with this pic:

Too bad humans live on land eh?

Is that ok to say?

Lol and white people are no more intelligent than black people just as black people and no more stupid than white people. Stop looking at bias studies made when it was acceptable to keep blacks at slaves.
Reply 15
Please stop posting your abhorrently nonsense threads.

White men are frogs.
Reply 17
Original post by Diaz89

It's epic mate, one of the best films ever.
Reply 18
What about all those rednecks and chavs with.
*Enter Sarcasm* They have high IQ's because their white *End Sarcasm*

See everybody can chat bull ****.

Too bad swimming in a club doesnt attract girls.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Diaz89

It's divine! Sublime.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending