Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Randomly adding on Facebook Watch

I fancy someone at uni but they never really chat, usually hangs around a group of guys. He laughed once at my jokes, my guy mate didn't introduce us, whilst he just stood there. This guy clearly liked me and randomly came to sit opposite me during summer, had my earphones on and overheard his mates teasing him when he said he liked me. I looked around and I was the only girl there.

Since then he doesn't talk still, has stood next to me a few times though. Anyways I found out his name from a friend so otherwise wouldn't know his name... We have 3 mutual friends on Facebook.

Should I add him on FB, message him saying: "Hey, I saw you on the people you may know bit and have seen you around uni. Are you ok, what you doing?"

I would like to at least be his friend...

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't because I hate random adds on fb.

Maybe make more effort at talking to him at uni before contacting him on facebook

ReputationRep:
    Oh the youth of today. :rolleyes: Are people capable of making any kind of decision for themselves these days?

Or has some sort of natural instinct evolved, where when any potential obstacle arises in life your first reaction is to log on TSR and ask us 'our thoguhts.'

We haven't got a crystal ball. We have no idea what he will think of it. It may seem incredibly bizarre, but perhaps you ought to make the decision (wait for it) BY YOURSELF. :zomg:

Edit: it upsets me how many negs I got. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Look, clearly you want to get in his pants which isn't going to happen unless you do something.

Guys aren't mind readers you know. He's already said he likes you, what more do you need to know.

None of my close guy mates are online for me to ask them. Asked a close girl mate and she suggested to message him when adding, with that explanation...

Uni hols now, only time will see him now is next year and it is so hard to get his attention or for him to talk in person :rolleyes: Think he's still single.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, can't you just go upto him?

I had a similar situation with a girl, I'm never one for going upto someone. But I thought if I never do it, I'll never learn. Anyway, we got chatting, added each other on facebook. It didn't really go anywhere more than friends but we talk a bit and have had some pretty deep convos.

ReputationRep:
    Just add him and if he accepts, then you can be his friend.
    OR just make friends with him properly in real life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Oh the youth of today. :rolleyes: Are people capable of making any kind of decision for themselves these days?

Or has some sort of natural instinct evolved, where when any potential obstacle arises in life your first reaction is to log on TSR and ask us 'our thoguhts.'
    Well to be fair people have probably been asking friends and family for advice, encouragement and warnings on actions which involve risk of social humilation since the beginning of civilization, it's just nowadays some people conduct increasing amounts of their lives via the internet.

And my response to the OP would be: probably just do it. No guarantee it will lead to any sort of success, but why not at least try?

ReputationRep:

We haven't got a crystal ball. We have no idea what he will think of it. It may seem incredibly bizarre, but perhaps you ought to make the decision (wait for it) BY YOURSELF. :zomg:
    Will you just shut up already? You're not funny. At all.

ReputationRep:
    Add him on FB. people here are talking stuff like 'Why can't you just walk up to him durr' but I know how difficult it is to talk to someone you like, so go on and add him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    I'm making a genuine point about the moronic nature of the constant tirade of Facebook threads on The Student Room.

I have absolutely no qualms about you blocking me if you dislike my contributions to the thread. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    I shouldn't laugh at this, but I couldn't help it. Have some rep

Well I did it... =/

ReputationRep:
    Go 4 it am sure he wont mind

ReputationRep:
    Just scour around Facebook looking for people in uni might know that aren't on your list and add them along with him so it looks like you're just adding anybody.

(Original post by badgerkins)
    Just scour around Facebook looking for people in uni might know that aren't on your list and add them along with him so it looks like you're just adding anybody.
    Oh thanks good idea, didn't think of that but don't really have any others from uni to add

ReputationRep:
    I'm making a genuine point about the moronic nature of the constant tirade of Facebook threads on The Student Room.

I have absolutely no qualms about you blocking me if you dislike my contributions to the thread. :rolleyes:
    No, your posts are moronic. It's good to know that your bedtime reading consists of a word a day in the OED but that doesn't mean you can talk like a **** every time you learn a new word.

Will see if he adds otherwise until next year just talk to him :rolleyes: Otherwise oh well **** it.

It would be nice if he just gave me a chance, be mates.

Well he still hasn't added me, replied or got back

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? You're best off by making contact in person other than facebook

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.