Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm a UK student in my last year of Sixth Form studying Politics, Economics, Geography and Food Tech, and I'm expecting to gain 3 A's and an A* at A2 level. I really, really want to go to Queensland University of Technology in February 2012 to study a Bachelor of Fine Art degree in Technical Production (technical theatre), and the only thing which is stopping me is the finance - I haven't got a spare £50k kicking around, like most people I expect! Whilst I'm not wanting to depend on a full blown scholarship (although if it were to be offered to me, I certainly wouldn't complain...) I do need a way of financing it. Is there any sort of International Student Loan company like the SLC in the UK which would be able to offer the same sort of service as the SLC but allowing me to study in Australia?

It can't physically be as difficult as it seems! But so far, my extensive internet research has thrown up nothing... I really want to go, and I can't have it not happen just because of money!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

ReputationRep:
    Annoyingly (I wanted to study in Sydney) you are stuck financing the study yourself. The government offer no funding at all to overseas study so the only was is to get a bank loan (with loads of interest) or a scholarship.

ReputationRep:
    If doing your full degree at QUT won't be possible, why not look into spending a semester or year there as an exchange student? At least that way you'll get a taste of life as an Aussie student.

I'm from Brisbane (though I didn't go to QUT), so if you have any questions about the city feel free to get in touch!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.