Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't really know why I'm posting here, I guess I just need someone to tell, how sad is it when you don't have friends close enough to talk about this sort of stuff to =/

Basically I just feel like the whole world hates me =/ my family and my friends. I feel like the friends I have are only my friends to be polite.

My parents, from the outside seem lovely, no one would believe me if I said how I feel. Like they "strop" at everything I say, I've just asked my Mum what she wants for Christmas and she said I'm old enough to find something on my own. I only asked because I wanter to get something of use

My brother does his best to wind me up (he's like twice my age) and he knows how t get my Mum eating out the palm of his hand. He manages to get her to moan about everything I do.

Also they think I'm a really difficult teenager...I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, hangout on the street, come home late. I do all my work and go to a top uni - what the heck else do they want from me =S

Basically they are just in a mind set that everything I do is to annoy them, being stroppy etc. I don't really talk to them anymore because I can't deal with the hassle.

Sometimes I get the overwhelming urge to kill myself and I'm scared one day I'm not gunna be able to stop myself.

ReputationRep:
    Those are hardly justifiable reasons to kill yourself, sounds like a standard family to me.

Maybe call Samaritans if you need to talk to someone?

(Original post by warhol)
    Those are hardly justifiable reasons to kill yourself, sounds like a standard family to me.

Maybe call Samaritans if you need to talk to someone?
    I know this post makes me seem like I'm over reacting. It's just loads of little things that have been getting me down for a number of years now. My parents and brother have made me feel so self conscious of myself that I can't make friends with people because I'm so paranoid that they'll hate me =/

ReputationRep:
    Kill yourself because your family are tiresome?

You're right, you are overreacting. For efficiency, I'm just going to let the sloth in my sig do all the talking. :rolleyes:

(Original post by lovely_me)
    Kill yourself because your family are tiresome?

You're right, you are overreacting.
    Fair enough, I'd probably say the same thing if I was reading this tbf =/

ReputationRep:
    It's sounds like your environment expects too much from you. How old are you, if I may ask? Are you in Uni?

(Original post by Roo Bix)
    It's sounds like your environment expects too much from you. How old are you, if I may ask? Are you in Uni?
    I'm 19 and at uni

ReputationRep:
    1st year? Maybe think about moving out next year, if that is at all possible. Or, if you do have friends, arrange a house if they also want to move out?

If you're in new atmosphere that you're comfortable in, you will definitely feel like a weight has been taken off your shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    Everything you said still beats being dead to me.

1st year? Maybe think about moving out next year, if that is at all possible. Or, if you do have friends, arrange a house if they also want to move out?

If you're in new atmosphere that you're comfortable in, you will definitely feel like a weight has been taken off your shoulders.
    I moved out, but I think I'll have to move back home because I can't afford it.

Another thing, my Dad may have cancer, they told everyone but me, I found out through someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I moved out, but I think I'll have to move back home because I can't afford it.

Another thing, my Dad may have cancer, they told everyone but me, I found out through someone else.
    When you moved out, and while you are away from home, have you had time to find out who you are, what you want to do - have you had any fun being a student? Not being at home should relieve the pressures even just a little bit. How do these issues affect you, when you're not at home? (no sarcasm intended, legitimate question)

And I'm very sorry to hear that, that was wrong of them.

When you moved out, and while you are away from home, have you had time to find out who you are, what you want to do - have you had any fun being a student? Not being at home should relieve the pressures even just a little bit. How do these issues affect you, when you're not at home? (no sarcasm intended, legitimate question)

And I'm very sorry to hear that, that was wrong of them.
    I've enjoyed living away but I don't feel any different, I'm too self conscious to let myself go and enjoy myself. I just feel stuck in a mind set that I can't do anything ie. make friends, do my work and that.

I'm so sick of feeling like this, I see other people enjoying themselves with their friends and I'm so so jealous. I thought uni would be a clean start, I stayed in the same city, maybe this was a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've enjoyed living away but I don't feel any different, I'm too self conscious to let myself go and enjoy myself. I just feel stuck in a mind set that I can't do anything ie. make friends, do my work and that.

I'm so sick of feeling like this, I see other people enjoying themselves with their friends and I'm so so jealous. I thought uni would be a clean start, I stayed in the same city, maybe this was a mistake.
    Then this is the problem. Self-motivation is sometimes hard to find. But you know you just need to loosen up and try new things a bit. Now it's a case of doing it.

Then this is the problem. Self-motivation is sometimes hard to find. But you know you just need to loosen up and try new things a bit. Now it's a case of doing it.
    I guess so, I just don't feel I have the confidence or motivation to do so =/

Thanks for taking the time out to reply and not just telling me to get over it. You really have helped =)

ReputationRep:
    maybe it would help if you tried to put yourself in their shoes to try and understand why they do what they do

usually, people reflect themselves when they're being a bit intolerable.. so when you're mum or brother are being unpleasant, it's just reflecting upon the kind of people they are and not necessarily how they feel towards YOU as a person, does that make sense?

also - family can often be the most hurtful, maybe because the home environment is generally disinhibited

ReputationRep:
    firstly, dont kill yourself ever, because you're in a bad place now- you can always know that you will move to a better place.

some families are tough, learn to love them, dont get saddened if they dont show it back. You go to a top uni and seem smart enough to know that when you leave uni, you can start a better life, get a job and even move out if necessary.

there is NO NEED to commit suicide, imagine the future, meeting a partner, kids, living.

because things seem crap now doesnt mean it will always remain as so, think of it this way you could be the next humanitarian or big thing, i think what im tryin to say is dont bow out early. Stay strong

ReputationRep:
    be strong

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.