Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Daniel sturridge- potential champ or chump? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of Daniel sturridge? Has he got the potential to take over from anelka or become a first team player for England? I think he's got immense potential and if only he was given more chances, at least higher importance than kale I think he would develop quite well.

ReputationRep:
    From the glimpses I've seen of him, he looks very promising. Just hasn't been given any playing time, which is a great shame tbh and might end up hindering his progress. He has got a sweet left foot.

ReputationRep:
    He's a good player, I think he can be a regular partner for either Anelka or Drogba when one of them gets injured

ReputationRep:
    Immense potential, but isn't at the best club to develop that. Needs regular playing time in the PL at a bottom half side and then we would see what he's capable of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Immense potential, but isn't at the best club to develop that. Needs regular playing time in the PL at a bottom half side and then we would see what he's capable of.
    Surprised he hasn't been loaned out tbh. But then again, maybe Chelsea lack the squad depth/attacking options to be able to do so?

Just have to look at what Danny Welbeck is doing at Sunderland, although I believe we'll probably cash in on him sooner rather than later. Whether or not we should be doing so is open to debate...

Like to see more of Kakuta too.

ReputationRep:
    I use to buy him on Fifa 07 or 08, :lol:

His rating would rocket if you played well with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Surprised he hasn't been loaned out tbh. But then again, maybe Chelsea lack the squad depth/attacking options to be able to do so?

Just have to look at what Danny Welbeck is doing at Sunderland, although I believe we'll probably cash in on him sooner rather than later. Whether or not we should be doing so is open to debate...

Like to see more of Kakuta too.
    Yeah that's the problem. He is far from the finished article too, but if he had the freedom of playing reguarly in a bottom half PL side I think people would be talking about him getting called up for England etc. As it is he's getting 10 minutes at the end of games... didn't even start the pointless game against Marseille.

Meh, he's had a few opportunities this season. A couple games he's done okay, but has largely disappointed. His contract is up at the end of the season anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.