Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question about contact lenses Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in a awkward situation I need continuous lenses which last for 1 day (One day and night) would it be possible to find them, when researched about these lenses i only find ones which are for 30 days

ReputationRep:
    Specsavers?

ReputationRep:
    only know about the ones that last a month

ReputationRep:
    You need special lenses (which are available from specsavers!) which you can wear overnight. They don't come in 'dailies' though I believe.

ReputationRep:
    overnight lenses - specsavers

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to wear them overnight, but just for one night? You can have dailies OR continuous wear (30 day) but not both, AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    Why do you want to wear them overnight, but just for one night? You can have dailies OR continuous wear (30 day) but not both, AFAIK.

(Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    overnight lenses - specsavers

(Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    You need special lenses (which are available from specsavers!) which you can wear overnight. They don't come in 'dailies' though I believe.

(Original post by FF-)
    only know about the ones that last a month

(Original post by DarkSenrine)
    Specsavers?
    My problem is that when I stay over my friends house, my contact lenses seem to trouble me a lot in - not pain just making sure the solution is not upside down... . How can they have one for 30 days but not for 1/7 days
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Most people won't want them for just one day, or they would use daily ones.
    I used to use the overnight ones and they were brilliant, I hate my monthly disposiables now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    My problem is that when I stay over my friends house, my contact lenses seem to trouble me a lot in - not pain just making sure the solution is not upside down... . How can they have one for 30 days but not for 1/7 days
    So what you're saying is you want to be able to wear contact lenses to your friend's house but not have to take them out and faff with solution?

In which case one solution is to use daily disposables and take them out before bed, though then you have to have your glasses with you. (Though I always keep my glasses around if I'm wearing contacts anyway, in case I need to take them out before I'm home.) If you absolutely must wear them overnight, you'd probably need to get the 30-day overnight ones and take them out / put them in as you want. I suggest you really need to speak to your optician about this, as your eyes might not be suitable for overnight wear (apparently, not all eyes can put up with them) and they can advise on which is the most suitable and, more importantly, how much they cost!

The reason they don't do daily disposable overnight ones is because there'd be no market for them (ok; based on your thread there's a market of 1) as pretty much everybody who wants to use daily disposables doesn't have any reason why they need to wear them overnight. They need to make huge numbers of these to make them economical and the demand simply isn't there.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a pair of weekly ones that I've used when sleeping over at someone's house? Weren't too expensive, ask your optician?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 93M)
    I've had a pair of weekly ones that I've used when sleeping over at someone's house? Weren't too expensive, ask your optician?
    Did you get them from specsavers? also could you please tell me the name of the contact lenses - eg company name

ReputationRep:
    I use Acuvue Trueye, which is made from silicon (like most of the 24hr lenses) so lets more oxygen through to your eye. I was told that I could wear them overnight occasionally, but not too often obviously. They're quite expensive though...about £40 for 30 pairs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
    Most people won't want them for just one day, or they would use daily ones.
    I used to use the overnight ones and they were brilliant, I hate my monthly disposiables now.

(Original post by thefish_uk)
    So what you're saying is you want to be able to wear contact lenses to your friend's house but not have to take them out and faff with solution?

In which case one solution is to use daily disposables and take them out before bed, though then you have to have your glasses with you. (Though I always keep my glasses around if I'm wearing contacts anyway, in case I need to take them out before I'm home.) If you absolutely must wear them overnight, you'd probably need to get the 30-day overnight ones and take them out / put them in as you want. I suggest you really need to speak to your optician about this, as your eyes might not be suitable for overnight wear (apparently, not all eyes can put up with them) and they can advise on which is the most suitable and, more importantly, how much they cost!

The reason they don't do daily disposable overnight ones is because there'd be no market for them (ok; based on your thread there's a market of 1) as pretty much everybody who wants to use daily disposables doesn't have any reason why they need to wear them overnight. They need to make huge numbers of these to make them economical and the demand simply isn't there.

(Original post by 93M)

(Original post by *~anna~*)
    I use Acuvue Trueye, which is made from silicon (like most of the 24hr lenses) so lets more oxygen through to your eye. I was told that I could wear them overnight occasionally, but not too often obviously. They're quite expensive though...about £40 for 30 pairs

I'm wearing these 2 week lenses, could i wear these overnight for one night?: http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/detai...ferrer=Froogle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    I'm wearing these 2 week lenses, could i wear these overnight for one night?: http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/detai...ferrer=Froogle
    Nobody but your optician can advise you on this. The webpage for these on the Acuvue website (here) says you should "wear and remove [them] daily" and mentions overnight use nowhere so I suspect you can guess what your optician is likely to say.

ReputationRep:
    Try http://www.thehomeoptician.com they do overnight wear lenses and even home delivery for a fraction of the cost, its who i use for my glasses they are pretty good.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.