Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I am looking to make some music from home and have tried a few software packages like fruity loops and magix music creator, but they all seem to make music from 'loops' or tracks. I want to make music as if I was in a band, and want to be able to trype in each note and make the music that way.

Is there anyone out there who knows what software I should use to make music this way?? thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    try mixcraft...it does use loops mainly...but u have the option of recoding ur "typing" the notes thing too..!! hope it works...!

ReputationRep:
    If you use Fruity Loops there is a function that allows you to paste in instruments using the 'piano roll' to choose the notes. It should be adequate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajgaj)
    I want to make music as if I was in a band, and want to be able to trype in each note and make the music that way.

Make music as tho you are in a band? to do that you would need a band, guitarist, drummer, singer etc.

But if you want to create all those instruments in a piano roll or through a MIDI keyboard Propellerhead Reason is a great piece of software and you can purchase refills of new instrument sounds.

Other options are purchasing a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic etc. through this you would purchase virtual instruments that will be opened within the software.

(Original post by LawBore)
    If you use Fruity Loops there is a function that allows you to paste in instruments using the 'piano roll' to choose the notes. It should be adequate.
    This is true you should look at some youtube videos to help teach you about the software

ReputationRep:
    i use fl studio. Its meant to be the easiest one but it still manages to confuse me.

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot for the help guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.