Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

That annoying McDonalds Christmas advert Watch

• TSR Support Team

Anyone else find this advert cringeworthy and really annoying?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god yes, it is just awful.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many McDonalds will be open 24/7 throughout Christmas this year

ReputationRep:
    i work at mcdonalds and its as jolly as it seems on tv.

ReputationRep:
    the one about the festive menu?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddkuOBn0Ak

ReputationRep:
    The workers look nothing like the ones down my road.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if the "Festive Tomato Dip" is produced by repacking some Ketchup that's gone off

It makes me want to abolish Christmas sometimes.

ReputationRep:
      Its annoying how it works in making me want to go there.

ReputationRep:
      Not quite as annoying as the Iceland ones, and the most annoying, cringe-worthy and pathetically unimaginative one of all - that car selling website, I can't remember it's name, where people ring up someone and sing down the phone at them. I turn the TV off straight away when that one is on.

ReputationRep:
      yeah i agree :lol:

ReputationRep:
      Oh god yeah.
      • TSR Support Team

(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
      Not quite as annoying as the Iceland ones, and the most annoying, cringe-worthy and pathetically unimaginative one of all - that car selling website, I can't remember it's name, where people ring up someone and sing down the phone at them. I turn the TV off straight away when that one is on.
      Not go compare is it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rock Fan)
      Not go compare is it?
      No, although those ones are incredibly irritating as well.
      • TSR Support Team

The meerkat one is the best advert, simples

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rock Fan)
      Anyone else find this advert cringeworthy and really annoying?
      You deserve infinite rep. for bringing this up. Is this the advert where the morons all whistle and sing about McDonald's with a Christmas-y rhythm? I HATE THAT ADVERT :mad:

ReputationRep:
      Urgh I find that one so annoying. It's a clever idea, but the tone of voice just grates on my nerves.

Edit: I meant the meerkat one....

ReputationRep:
      I'm not sure if that's the one I'm thinking of, but can it top this: "WE BUY ANY CAR. WE BUY ANY CAR. ANY. ANY. ANY. WE BUY ANY CAR.COM" :mad:

*burns down an orphanage in rage*

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by INTJ)
      I'm not sure if that's the one I'm thinking of, but can it top this: "WE BUY ANY CAR. WE BUY ANY CAR. ANY. ANY. ANY. WE BUY ANY CAR.COM" :mad:

*burns down an orphanage in rage*
      Yes, that's the one!

*Jumps up and down screaming*

My mind boggles every time I accidentally see that, at how anyone could possibly have thought that was a funny, original idea for an advert. It's just utterly pathetic!

ReputationRep:
      Yes, that's the one!

*Jumps up and down screaming*

My mind boggles every time I accidentally see that, at how anyone could possibly have thought that was a funny, original idea for an advert. It's just utterly pathetic!
      1. McDonald's twits
      2. We Buy Any Car
      3. GO COMPARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.