The Student Room Group

Is take me out just a fickle judging of looks?

Ok so i just watched take me out and for the most part its a bit of light hearted family fun. But i can't help feeling that it's just a parade of girls that a man judges on little other than looks and its always the stick thin, made up girls chosen, what does this say about the viewing audience and society as a whole? your views? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My views are I need to watch this show, because this is all I ever hear about now :awesome:

What were the other girls like?
Reply 2
Of course it is!

It is ridiculously shallow, which makes it all the more entertaining. I love laughing at the dumb men and bimbos!
Reply 3
i've never seen an episode

didn't like the look of it
Take Me Out is an occasion where a large group of pricks battle each other for the opportunity to spend time with a prick, unless they decide to spend their time dissing the guy instead because they are pricks. No greater celebration of prickery has ever been forced upon the British public since Oswald Mosley died.
Original post by Roo Bix
What were the other girls like?

Even worse than the guys. :mmm:
Reply 6
Not always the thin girls, depending on the guy themself, but yeah its all abit judging on looks, but they go on the show knowing that, its a bit of family fun.
Not quite as judging as the legendary "Man o Man" was back in the day.
Reply 7
Original post by Retrospect
Even worse than the guys. :mmm:

Retrospect, talking in retrospect :teehee:
yes
but its also a massive laugh.
Bring back Blind Date!
Isn't it just a rehash of Blind Date because the TV company can't think of anything else?
It's utterly hilarious.

'Let the pork see the scratchings!' :awesome: One of Paddy's finest.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by RoshniDiya
Of course it is!

It is ridiculously shallow, which makes it all the more entertaining. I love laughing at the dumb men and bimbos!

Haha, I know. That black man on there last week was so dumb and so was the girl who went on the date with him, they were having such simple, childish conversations.
Reply 13
If judging looks is so prominant and is a product of evolutionary thinking, dosent that slight tone down the civilizaed notion to our society
i have no idea what it is
Reply 15
well no, its not like they get together straight away just over there looks. Yes, they go on the date cos of there looks but if the personality/everything else isn't there then generally it doesn't get futhur then the date.

Its life though, like my mate was saying how like he'll chat up pretty girls and everything but that doesnt make him shallow as he would want to get to know them and if there thick/like talking to a wall - then hes no longer interested.

Theres nothing wrong about it...Like your not going to walk around town and see a girl whose funny/sporty/can play the violin. you see looks - so you have to work with what you got :wink:

& Take me out FTW! Paddys so funny hahaha
(edited 13 years ago)
I correctly guessed which girl the second to last guy was gonna choose out of 9 and the last guy out of 13. I was quite pleased with that fact! But they just choose the fittest ones.
Original post by Roo Bix
Retrospect, talking in retrospect :teehee:

I see what you did there. :sexface:
Reply 18
oh I thought it was about which girl can come out with the most cringe-worthy comment?
Original post by newts2k
Haha, I know. That black man on there last week was so dumb and so was the girl who went on the date with him, they were having such simple, childish conversations.

You mean the girl in the pink dress? Or was that another one?

But anyway, the one i'm talking about. Oh my god, was hilarious.

"If this was our last night, how would we spend it?"
"That's an EXCELLENT question. We would go out and i would show you my moves and you would show me yours." She was such an idiot, they were both obviously just looking for the best sex partner!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending