Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is take me out just a fickle judging of looks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i just watched take me out and for the most part its a bit of light hearted family fun. But i can't help feeling that it's just a parade of girls that a man judges on little other than looks and its always the stick thin, made up girls chosen, what does this say about the viewing audience and society as a whole? your views? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My views are I need to watch this show, because this is all I ever hear about now :awesome:

What were the other girls like?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is!

It is ridiculously shallow, which makes it all the more entertaining. I love laughing at the dumb men and bimbos!

ReputationRep:
    i've never seen an episode

didn't like the look of it

ReputationRep:
    Take Me Out is an occasion where a large group of pricks battle each other for the opportunity to spend time with a prick, unless they decide to spend their time dissing the guy instead because they are pricks. No greater celebration of prickery has ever been forced upon the British public since Oswald Mosley died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    What were the other girls like?
    Even worse than the guys. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Not always the thin girls, depending on the guy themself, but yeah its all abit judging on looks, but they go on the show knowing that, its a bit of family fun.
    Not quite as judging as the legendary "Man o Man" was back in the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retrospect)
    Even worse than the guys. :mmm:
    Retrospect, talking in retrospect :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    yes
    but its also a massive laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Bring back Blind Date!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it just a rehash of Blind Date because the TV company can't think of anything else?

ReputationRep:
    It's utterly hilarious.

'Let the pork see the scratchings!' :awesome: One of Paddy's finest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoshniDiya)
    Of course it is!

It is ridiculously shallow, which makes it all the more entertaining. I love laughing at the dumb men and bimbos!
    Haha, I know. That black man on there last week was so dumb and so was the girl who went on the date with him, they were having such simple, childish conversations.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, its about looks and the guy usually chooses the girl who's fittest/fakest/gives the smuttiest reply to his question.

Funny, though.

ReputationRep:
    If judging looks is so prominant and is a product of evolutionary thinking, dosent that slight tone down the civilizaed notion to our society

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea what it is

ReputationRep:
    well no, its not like they get together straight away just over there looks. Yes, they go on the date cos of there looks but if the personality/everything else isn't there then generally it doesn't get futhur then the date.

Its life though, like my mate was saying how like he'll chat up pretty girls and everything but that doesnt make him shallow as he would want to get to know them and if there thick/like talking to a wall - then hes no longer interested.

Theres nothing wrong about it...Like your not going to walk around town and see a girl whose funny/sporty/can play the violin. you see looks - so you have to work with what you got

& Take me out FTW! Paddys so funny hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I correctly guessed which girl the second to last guy was gonna choose out of 9 and the last guy out of 13. I was quite pleased with that fact! But they just choose the fittest ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    Retrospect, talking in retrospect :teehee:
    I see what you did there. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    oh I thought it was about which girl can come out with the most cringe-worthy comment?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.