Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Falmouth University College

Hi I am planning to go to this Uni, as it looks AMAZING! and perfect what I want out of the degree, I was wondering if anybody does already go there or also planning to go there and what degree they are doing ?
    Or If anybody lives there, because I live MILES away and have never been, what it like? those who I have asked already say the place and surrounding area is beautiful! which is great, but what is the town etc, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi I live in Cornwall so if you have any questions feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheebs1201)
    Hi I live in Cornwall so if you have any questions feel free to ask me
    Do you!! I hope it's ok down there with the snow -
    Yeah I was wondering, is it as beautiful as people say it is, I live in a town near Birmingham, so I know I would appriciate the coast and the country and I'm not a 'clubby' person, I like people-orientated pubs so are there many of of those around? and my friend is at Exeter uni (well done for getting an offer!) and he said older people are cold and hostile to students I hope that's the minority.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I live in Cornwall too I know lots of people at UC Falmouth at work and they all love it. Admittedly though 90% lived here already. The town itself is a little boring unless you want to go out. It's mainly pubs and bars and there are a few clubs. I wouldn't say it's an incredibly student orientated town, but there are still plenty of then about. Really really good uni for anything art orientated. Alot of people do well from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoe Edwards)
    Do you!! I hope it's ok down there with the snow -
    Yeah I was wondering, is it as beautiful as people say it is, I live in a town near Birmingham, so I know I would appriciate the coast and the country and I'm not a 'clubby' person, I like people-orientated pubs so are there many of of those around? and my friend is at Exeter uni (well done for getting an offer!) and he said older people are cold and hostile to students I hope that's the minority.
    Thanks
    Cornwall is like its own little world, it does feel a little cut off from England, but its a lovely place to live depending on what type of person you are

The countryside is beautiful, we have tonnes of beaches etc so if youre an outdoorsy person then you'd be made up.

The university is quite small and ive heard its quite a tight knit community, everyone knows each other, but that isnt always a bad thing.

Night life can be found in places like Truro and Newquay so its not too bad. I can certainly think of worse places to be!

As for the old people, if youre nice to them theyre nice to you lol!

Anything else you want to know just ask

ReputationRep:
    P.S There are pubs EVERYWHERE so if thats your thing youre sorted!

ReputationRep:
    Cornwall is like its own little world, it does feel a little cut off from England, but its a lovely place to live depending on what type of person you are

The countryside is beautiful, we have tonnes of beaches etc so if youre an outdoorsy person then you'd be made up.

The university is quite small and ive heard its quite a tight knit community, everyone knows each other, but that isnt always a bad thing.

Night life can be found in places like Truro and Newquay so its not too bad. I can certainly think of worse places to be!

As for the old people, if youre nice to them theyre nice to you lol!

Anything else you want to know just ask

Thank You!! That's perfect

I hope I get in now !! Thank You!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    I live in Cornwall too I know lots of people at UC Falmouth at work and they all love it. Admittedly though 90% lived here already. The town itself is a little boring unless you want to go out. It's mainly pubs and bars and there are a few clubs. I wouldn't say it's an incredibly student orientated town, but there are still plenty of then about. Really really good uni for anything art orientated. Alot of people do well from there.
    90% !? Its not an advantage if you live in Cornawall is it ?
    mainly pubs = Fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    90% !? Its not an advantage if you live in Cornawall is it ?
    mainly pubs = Fantastic!
    No, if anything, I think they're looking for more people from afar, give them a better status and more diversity and all.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    No, if anything, I think they're looking for more people from afar, give them a better status and more diversity and all.
    Ok, That's great!
    And thank you for your help
    Have a good christmas

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome, good luck with your application!
    Thank you! And thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And thank you for your help!
    Let's hope you get an offer for Xmas haha!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.