Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Republic of Ireland shoud re-join the Union Watch

ReputationRep:
    Who agrees that Ireland should become part of the kingdon again?

Who also agree that we should have forced them to do it and withholded bailout money (obv the EU prevent us from doing this in reality so hypotheticallY)?

Is it likely that Irlenad coming back would be good for Btitain economically and politically?

ReputationRep:
    They'll never agree to it in a million years. This thread is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve78)
    They'll never agree to it in a million years. This thread is pointless.
    Coercion?

Alternitivley, hope for another collapse when ailout money is gone and try to bargain...oh it's so hopeless isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Christ, I can't believe this thread actually exists. You are an utter pillock of proportions previously unknown to mankind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRevolution)

Who also agree that we should have forced them to do it and withholded bailout money (obv the EU prevent us from doing this in reality so hypotheticallY)?

Is it likely that Irlenad coming back would be good for Btitain economically and politically?
    Who agrees that Normandy, Brittany, Anjou and Aquitaine should become part of the Angevin empire again?

Who also agrees that we should have forced them to do it and witholded support during WW2 (obv the UN prevent us from doing this in reality so hypotheticallY)?

Is it likely that our French lands coming back would be good for Btitain economically and politically?

(Original post by TheRevolution)

:facepalm2: Just no...

ReputationRep:
      How do you spell Ireland.? is it ireland or irlenad?

shall. Britain take over india ,pakistan,today's isreal and palestine and maybe the caribbean and africa. Hell why not even build a modern mayflower and take the USA

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JCC-MGS)
      Jesus Christ, I can't believe this thread actually exists. You are an utter pillock of proportions previously unknown to mankind.

1) The Irish hate us for numerous and obvious historical reasons
        2) They're broke. Do you fancy picking up the tab? They would be a deadweight on our economy which is already sailing on choppy waters.

Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein Nein nein nein :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
        Don't really see any good reasons why not, but these sort of things are decided on anything but logic. Realistically, it's unlikely because the Irish are quite wedded to the repugnant ideology of nationalism.

(Original post by House of Jonny)
        shall. Britain take over india ,pakistan,today's isreal and palestine and maybe the caribbean and africa. Hell why not even build a modern mayflower and take the USA
        Unlike Ireland, those places were never part of Britain proper. They're socially quite different to the UK.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by L i b)
        Don't really see any good reasons why not, but these sort of things are decided on anything but logic. Realistically, it's unlikely because the Irish are quite wedded to the repugnant ideology of nationalism.
        Says the Tory with a White Ensign as his profile pic... :rolleyes:

A union should be of countries that actually want to be there by popular demand. The Irish hate us so I would go as far as to say just give NI back and let them join the rest of Ireland if the people will it.

ReputationRep:
          im from the republic

i doubt people will ever agree to joining the uk !! ......... but i can see what you mean i go to college up north and what can i say the place is run really well much better then down south atm its a joke here sadly

i know ireland is the UK's biggest trading partner and it would benefit both countries but it wont happen .... like ireland belonged to the crown for 800 years i doubt one rescession is gona scare people into joining back forced or not after all it took to become a free state

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Genocidal)
          A union should be of countries that actually want to be there by popular demand. The Irish hate us so I would go as far as to say just give NI back and let them join the rest of Ireland if the people will it.
          Yes....the Irish hate *all* English people. .... oh the English....like to see themselves at the center of attention..

(Original post by jbeacom600)
            Yes....the Irish hate *all* English people. .... oh the English....like to see themselves at the center of attention..
            That is because we are the centre of attention silly potato man. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af51Y-ZmzVE

watch this video for the craic tommy tiernan is so funny :sexface:

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by Barden)
            Says the Tory with a White Ensign as his profile pic... :rolleyes:
            Trust me, one needn't be a nationalist to be a Tory... nor, indeed, to be an amateur vexillologist.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by jbeacom600)
            I may be mistake, but you sound like the kind of Englishman that Irish people, north and south, protestant and catholic loathe. The kind that meddle in our affairs basically.
            I don't make a habit of butting in to reply to discussions between other people, but I felt it worth mentioning that you may be approaching something that I (and, I suspect, quite a lot of mainland British people) loathe: an Ulster/NI/Protestant (basically 'our community') small-n nationalist in the DUP vein. "Our affairs"? I remind you that, as part of this country, Northern Ireland is our affair - just like England, or indeed my native Scotland.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by L i b)

Unlike Ireland, those places were never part of Britain proper. They're socially quite different to the UK.
            This is an excellent post; the only reason Ireland exists right now is because people have some irrational leaning towards nationalism. Ireland would be better off part of the Union, and the Union would be better off having Ireland as a part of it. I'm sure most British view the Irish as one and the same as them, and would welcome Ireland's reinstatement into the Union.

Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself here.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by L i b)

nationalism isnt repugnant. lets say for examples sake the usa took over the uk. would we like to become yank country. I dont think so. surely the UK cannot own every ****ing country. it would be greedy. :teehee:

Submit reply
          TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2011
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
          Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.