Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gf on the pill: I think we're screwed. Watch

My girlfriend is on the pill. She took it yesterday at around 12-ish (but neither of us are sure) and we had sex last night.

Today, she forgot to take it. I just reminded her and she took it at roughly just after 12 midnight.

Are we in the clear, or not?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    As long as she hasn't missed any others before that, then in theory you should be ok. It doesn't tend to matter missing only the one, but obviously there are exceptions to the rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend is on the pill. She took it yesterday at around 12-ish (but neither of us are sure) and we had sex last night.

Today, she forgot to take it. I just reminded her and she took it at roughly just after 12 midnight.

Thanks.
    I think there's a 12 hour window to take it in. So if she normally takes it at 12am, she'd have untill 12pm to take the next one for it to still be effective. If she misses a pill though you're meant to wait a week (using other methods of contraception) before it becomes effective again.

ReputationRep:
    There will be a leaflet with the packet. Don't rely on people on a forum when talking about "the pill" as there are several different types which have different times.. Seriously, don't be so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baula)
    I think there's a 12 hour window to take it in. So if she normally takes it at 12am, she'd have untill 12pm to take the next one for it to still be effective. If she misses a pill though you're meant to wait a week (using other methods of contraception) before it becomes effective again.
    well the second bit doesn't apply to the pill i was on i don't think, so perhaps it depends on what type of pill she takes?

i was on microgynon, and the rule was that it became ineffective if you didn't take it for 3 days in a row, so as long as she'd taken it on time etc. the day before, she should be fine

edit: actually, ignore me, this is better advice

(Original post by Huskaris)
    There will be a leaflet with the packet. Don't rely on people on a forum when talking about "the pill" as there are several different types which have different times.. Seriously, don't be so stupid.

ReputationRep:
    No you're screwed, just hope that the length of your penis does not measure up to the point inside of her where a blow-out of hardy sea men will go directly into the sink hole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thanks.
    If she is on the combined pill and she only missed one day, she can take it as soon as she remembers and then take the next one as normal. I spoke to my doctor about this and she said you can get away with missing a pill and not get pregnant but if your girlfriend has missed 2 in a row or more than one pill you will have to use additional contraception for the next week or so until she gets back on track.

You are best off reading the leaflet that comes with your girlfriend's prescription because it will offer the best advice as each pill is different. You should be fine though.

ReputationRep:
    Did you *** inside her?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.