Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year studying computing at Brighton University, but I have failed one of my modules already. I got 0% for not handing it in at all and it was worth 100% of the module grade.
    Also, my attendance is less than 30% and I'm falling behind on other things too. I don't even know what my exams are about in January. What are the chances I'll get kicked out this semester or next year. I really want to get my degree Can I fix this? Does anyone know of anyone in a similar situation?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    98%, if you really wanted a degree this wouldnt have happened...

ReputationRep:
    Why? Are you straight?

(Original post by suit)
      but I have failed one of my modules already. I got 0% for not handing it in at all and it was worth 100% of the module grade.
      Also, my attendance is less than 30% and I'm falling behind on other things too.
      Why? :lolwut:

I don't even know what my exams are about in January.
      Seriously? Do you have any idea at all what your course syllabus is, or have you skived so much that you don't have a clue?

What are the chances I'll get kicked out this semester or next year.
      Near certain, to be honest. It sounds to me like your exams are a lost cause.

I really want to get my degree
      Obviously not, given your previous conduct.

Can I fix this? Does anyone know of anyone in a similar situation?
      No and no.

Thanks.
      You're welcome.

I would drop out if I were you and reapply when I thought I could handle doing a degree which you clearly cannot.

ReputationRep:
        Congratulations, you've just wasted oveer £3000. What was the point in going to university if you don't do a thing? Or are you one of those people who just goes for the experience? If you don't know what your exams are on, how do you expect to pass? Especially if you havn't been to the lectures or done any work. I've no real idea what the chances are of you getting kicked out are. Every uni student I know has actually put in some work. I imagine that the chances are high though.

ReputationRep:
        I guess I just really like the night life in brighton, thats why I chose to go there. The accomodation is really nice too. I thought that first year didn't matter so I dossed around for a bit and I didn't realise you could actually get kicked out until a friend told me and now I'm freaking out. I hope I at least get a chance to finish the year

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by suit)
        I'm a first year studying computing at Brighton University, but I have failed one of my modules already. I got 0% for not handing it in at all and it was worth 100% of the module grade.
        Also, my attendance is less than 30% and I'm falling behind on other things too. I don't even know what my exams are about in January. What are the chances I'll get kicked out this semester or next year. I really want to get my degree Can I fix this? Does anyone know of anyone in a similar situation?
        Thanks.
        You've got the christmas holidays to really put some work in. Find out what your exams are on, get some text books, obtain your lecture slides and start working.
        In terms of getting kicked out if you fail first year and your resits there will be a good chance of you getting kicked out. Universities do however give you the chance. You've now used up that chance so try not to ever be in this situation again. If you pick up however the uni may see it as a turbulent start to your year that can be forgiven.
        Important thing is to learn from your mistakes mate! Obv you need the social life but dont take it to new extremes...

ReputationRep:
        It's only been one semester. Find out what exams you have to do, and work your ass off.

Everyone in this thread who's replied with negative comments are ****ing retarded *****.

I have a mate who didnt hand in his 100% module work last year, he still passed the year though..

ReputationRep:
        I'm guessing you'll be ok if you pull your thumb out and do a bit of work.

If you actually want to graduate then I'd do a fair bit of work, because it only gets harder, and with computing stuff it's all built off what you learned earlier.

If you want some more advice about what you should exactly focus on then go see one of the advisers you must have (or lecturer, if you know who any of them are (!))

(Original post by suit)
          I guess I just really like the night life in brighton, thats why I chose to go there. The accomodation is really nice too. I thought that first year didn't matter so I dossed around for a bit and I didn't realise you could actually get kicked out until a friend told me and now I'm freaking out. I hope I at least get a chance to finish the year
          :facepalm2:

If you do get kicked out, you deserve the consequences tbh.

If you "really wanted" your degree, something like this would never have occurred (unless there were exceptional circumstances).

Your behaviour was simply uncalled for, so if you get kicked out. Tough, you allowed it to happen really.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by suit)
          Thanks.
          Erm I'm at Brighton uni.. you sound like my flat mate who never goes to lectures

ReputationRep:
          Well I might be...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.