Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it too late? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right,
    I've been revising all long, up until a week or so ago, whilst at college I did loads of work. In revision sessions and such, I know all of the content, not enough, but quite alot.
    I have AACC and need AAB at the end of A2.

I have what i'd call good notes, a good basis of knowledge to start revising on top of and my exams are around the 15th of Jan onwards.

Is it too late to start revising Monday?- i feel like i've blown it

For two exams and one resit ( the resit is not that important).

Honest opinions, if this was you, would you have messed up by starting now?

ReputationRep:
    Way too late mate.

ReputationRep:
    Look at it like this; you should definitely start revising Monday.
    You can't go back, so you may as just give it a damn good shot starting now.
    Anyway, if you've made good notes and kept on top of the work, and have a fairly sound knowledge of the content, you should be fine.
    G'luck, bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    Look at it like this; you should definitely start revising Monday.
    You can't go back, so you may as just give it a damn good shot starting now.
    Anyway, if you've made good notes and kept on top of the work, and have a fairly sound knowledge of the content, you should be fine.
    G'luck, bro.

This is bad of me, but this year, no one has said "now is the time", there has been no sense of urgency :'/
    FML.

ReputationRep:
    It's never too late to kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how you revise and how you utilise your time. Myself, I could never start revising now, I never had the patience. For my a-levels I started revising maybe just over a week before and just put in solid hours of it because thats how I learn... in bulk I guess. But if you need more time to space it out and stuff then by all means start monday. But no, its not too late! not by a long shot, you've got loads of time and you'll find that if you have been to the lessons a lot of the info will just come to you in the exams from the back of your mind. Don't panic.

ReputationRep:
    Edit:
    When did everyone else start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reagan Smash)
    It depends on how you revise and how you utilise your time. Myself, I could never start revising now, I never had the patience. For my a-levels I started revising maybe just over a week before and just put in solid hours of it because thats how I learn... in bulk I guess. But if you need more time to space it out and stuff then by all means start monday. But no, its not too late! not by a long shot, you've got loads of time and you'll find that if you have been to the lessons a lot of the info will just come to you in the exams from the back of your mind. Don't panic.

Probably not the best thing I should be doing, but that's made me relax ah, cheers dude.
    I'm going to do a revision plan after Family Guy :cool:

If I fail, I failed in control.

ReputationRep:
    Start revising now, if you have been working hard all year you should have a good start. You cant waste all that time just because you started revising a little later than hoped for. Give it your best effort and concentrate hard. DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    Right,
    I've been revising all long, up until a week or so ago, whilst at college I did loads of work. In revision sessions and such, I know all of the content, not enough, but quite alot.

I have what i'd call good notes, a good basis of knowledge to start revising on top of and my exams are around the 15th of Jan onwards.

Sounds good!
    If you didnt have the ground work then it would be pushing it, but revision is so much easier if you are actually REVISING what you learnt, rather than learning it all first time.. which was my problem.. I used to doss around so much never learnt a thing in lessons during A2 and just crushed in everything in a month.. but i made life harder for myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramzy91)
    Sounds good!
    If you didnt have the ground work then it would be pushing it, but revision is so much easier if you are actually REVISING what you learnt, rather than learning it all first time.. which was my problem.. I used to doss around so much never learnt a thing in lessons during A2 and just crushed in everything in a month.. but i made life harder for myself
    I mess around so much in lessons, I am an idiot, I'd rather be the class clown than do work,- but then during lunch, Sundays and on my free's this year i've been doing tons of essay plans and practise questions.
    Idk, i'm foolish
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    Right,

You have over three weeks to revise two exams (plus a resit) - that is absolutely loads of time. Read through the content you don't know then get cracking on the past papers and mark schemes and there's no reason why you shouldn't get what you need. It'll be much more than I revised for my January modules and they turned out fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    You have over three weeks to revise two exams (plus a resit) - that is absolutely loads of time. Read through the content you don't know then get cracking on the past papers and mark schemes and there's no reason why you shouldn't get what you need. It'll be much more than I revised for my January modules and they turned out fine.
    Cheers dude

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.