The Student Room Group

Guys how would you react to this ? Would you be able to stay with your gf ?

Right this is only anon because if anyone finds out who I am through my posts they may know who the girl is.

Everyone is probably going to scream troll and I wont blame you if you do seeing as I spent the first 10 minutes on the phone to my friend not believing him.

So here's the story, My friend and his gf had planned a romantic weekend away but it has completely bombed.

They were supposed to leave on on friday morning and get there at lunch time. They ended up being late through various problems. So on saturday morning they wake up and the snow is crazy. They need to get back by monday so they can't risk it and left straight away.

Now they have been on the road for 11 hours, A trip we all did last summer in 2 ....

Anyway they are on the motorway and they get stuck in non moving traffic. He says that people were getting out of cars to stretch there legs it was that bad. His GF must of eaten something dodgy because she got really bad diarrhea and ended up soiling herself .... I feel so bad for her. Having that come on and seeing the non-moving traffic must of been torture.

My friend calmly got out of the car and got her bag and she had the necessary clothes to change etc. She spent the next hour crying with my friend saying it's ok over and over. They stopped at a rest stop and got some immodium. He says she wont even look at him anymore. I know my friend he wont dump her for this.

So sorry for the long post but my question is, How would you react to this situation ? Would you stay with them ? How would you make them feel better when they must feel like crap ?

Scroll to see replies

He sounds like he dealt with it pretty well :smile: Although I'm not sure she'd be too pleased about him telling you/other friends.

In terms of trying to make her feel better, he should just act like it didn't happen and be totally normal with her. And lots of cuddles, obviously :smile: Or just be like ''okay, you had a upset tummy, it's fine, lets just pretend it didn't happen'' or something. I think she's going to be embarrassed about this for a looooooooooong time, but maybe tomorrow she'll feel a tiny bit better, with it being a new day and everything.

It's not like she did it on purpose. If that happened to my boyfriend, of course I wouldn't dump him. I'd probably make a few little jokes later down the line when he'd sort of got over it, however.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
thats disgusting I would throw her out of the car
Reply 3
Original post by Sakura-Chan
He sounds like he dealt with it pretty well :smile: Although I'm not sure she'd be too pleased about him telling you/other friends.

In terms of trying to make her feel better, he should just act like it didn't happen and be totally normal with her. And lots of cuddles, obviously :smile: Or just be like ''okay, you had a upset tummy, it's fine, lets just pretend it didn't happen'' or something. I think she's going to be embarrassed about this for a looooooooooong time, but maybe tomorrow she'll feel a tiny bit better, with it being a new day and everything.

It's not like she did it on purpose. If that happened to my boyfriend, of course I wouldn't dump him. I'd probably make a few little jokes later down the line when he'd sort of got over it, however.

She wont mind him telling me. My friend has many serious family problems that only the three of us know about, and trust me if I can keep those secrets this will be a dodle.

I feel soo sorry for her though. Hope she gets through it.
What did she eat and where?
Tell him to tell her not to worry, at least it wasn't a heavy period.
Reply 6
If it was my girlfriend, I would just say, let's just pretend it never happened and move on. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Right this is only anon because if anyone finds out who I am through my posts they may know who the girl is.

Everyone is probably going to scream troll and I wont blame you if you do seeing as I spent the first 10 minutes on the phone to my friend not believing him.

So here's the story, My friend and his gf had planned a romantic weekend away but it has completely bombed.

They were supposed to leave on on friday morning and get there at lunch time. They ended up being late through various problems. So on saturday morning they wake up and the snow is crazy. They need to get back by monday so they can't risk it and left straight away.

Now they have been on the road for 11 hours, A trip we all did last summer in 2 ....

Anyway they are on the motorway and they get stuck in non moving traffic. He says that people were getting out of cars to stretch there legs it was that bad. His GF must of eaten something dodgy because she got really bad diarrhea and ended up soiling herself .... I feel so bad for her. Having that come on and seeing the non-moving traffic must of been torture.

My friend calmly got out of the car and got her bag and she had the necessary clothes to change etc. She spent the next hour crying with my friend saying it's ok over and over. They stopped at a rest stop and got some immodium. He says she wont even look at him anymore. I know my friend he wont dump her for this.

So sorry for the long post but my question is, How would you react to this situation ? Would you stay with them ? How would you make them feel better when they must feel like crap ?

Eeeeeerm, the story sounds as if the anon is irrelevant. If ur friend/his gf reads this then he'll know ur talking about him.

I mean, how many couples must have **** themselves yesterday on the motorway yesterday?
Reply 8
wow. that's..erm..
Reply 9
Hardly anything to get your knickers twisted over.
Reply 10
It'd take a while to get in the mood for anal but it's hardly a big deal.

Kids dying of starvation: Problem
Smearing **** all over you boyfriend's car: Minor in comparison. Perspective is needed.

Btw, your friend's a dick. You made him out to sound like a reasonable guy, but a reasonable guy wouldn't tell anyone something that his bint's so mortified about. I would deal with the situation the same way your mate did, but I wouldn't go telling anyone afterwards.
Reply 11
Original post by otilov
thats disgusting I would throw her out of the car

There's just always that one poster!
Reply 12
lol!!
deffo wouldn't dump a girl for it, but i dont think id be able not to laugh at a later date
Reply 13
Are you the girl?

They probably smell like it too... :teehee:
anyone who would dump their partner for something as stupid as that, all I could say is let's hope something like that would happen to them!
Original post by Barden
They probably smell like it too... :teehee:

:rofl: I feel bad for laughing
Reply 17

And you're telling us because...?
Reply 18
Eeeeeerm, the story sounds as if the anon is irrelevant. If ur friend/his gf reads this then he'll know ur talking about him.

I mean, how many couples must have **** themselves yesterday on the motorway yesterday?

Irrelevant ? Three people know about it: Me, him and her. Now none of them use TSR. However if someone were to work out who I was through my posts they might know who my best friend who would tell me anything is .... and know who his gf is.
Reply 19
Original post by Overmars
It'd take a while to get in the mood for anal but it's hardly a big deal.

Kids dying of starvation: Problem
Smearing **** all over you boyfriend's car: Minor in comparison. Perspective is needed.

Btw, your friend's a dick. You made him out to sound like a reasonable guy, but a reasonable guy wouldn't tell anyone something that his bint's so mortified about. I would deal with the situation the same way your mate did, but I wouldn't go telling anyone afterwards.

Nice of you to make assumptions about people's relationships. The girls been my best friend since we were 6. I just got back from talking to her, it took her a few minutes to look me in the eye but we were laughing by the end of it.

She never once even had a second thought about the fact I knew.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending