Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have an economics question relating to marginal cost. Here is the provided info: In one month, Jason can produce either 300 kilogram of foods or 150 litres of liquor.

And the problematic question which I'm having trouble grasping: What is the marginal cost of a litre of liquor when the quantity produced is 75 litres a month? What is special about Jason’s marginal cost of liquor?

Just not getting this one. Any help to understand this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Well my best idea would be that the Marginal cost of producing liquor must not increase at higher output quantities as food?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input. That makes sense. And on what's special about the marginal cost I figure it's that the marginal cost remains constant. I plan on writing that in unless suggested otherwise. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I would say 2 kg of food and also MC stays constant. He can produce 150 litres in the whole month, so in 1/150 th of the month he can produce 1 litre. But in that time he can produce 1/150 * 300 kg of food = 2kg of food.

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate the help. Great forum!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.