Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do i tell my ex i still care for him? Watch

me and my ex broke up over a year ago on really bad terms and till this day we are still bitter and any tiny piece of conversation we have nowadays is nasty.
    i think this is because we still really care about each other and cannot open up about our feelings so use sarcasm and insults instead. he always hated that i couldnt tell him the way i felt.
    so im going travelling for a year and it is fast approaching. i dont want to leave without at least putting us on good terms as i am now ready to be friends although ideally i would like to explain how i have never got over him and still really love him.
    would he appreciate this because i am telling him how i feel for once or is that really selfish and should i keep it to myself?
    i just know that if i dont at least try then i will always regret it though i dont want to mess him up because i want him to be happy.
    as well, if you think i should tell him should i tell him now or i go in four months so should i tell him closer to when i depart. and how should i explain?
    im strong enough to talk but that doesnt mean he is so i really dont know how he would react, what shall i do?

ReputationRep:
    It is very weird you post this actually. Me and my ex broke up about a year ago, on very very bad terms. Every conversation we had after that ended up in us swearing at each other, and it was just awful, so we cut contact.

But tonight, he started speaking to me, only saying 'Merry Christmas, I hope you're feeling much better this Christmas than you were this time last year'. So I replied. We have just said we still care for each other very, very much, and are now being completely civil.

Personally, I think you should do it, if you think it is right, go with your gut instinct. It is much better to at least try than regret it for months.

Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.