This discussion is closed.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
vodafone eats a lot.......they say that O2 is good enough !!!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
I'm glad that Virgin isn't in the lead. They are the best network by far, and the fewer people who know about their excellence, the better the network will stay.

shhhhhhhut up!
rae
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
As Virgin uses the T-Mobile network, surely if you go abroad you are free to roam on whatever network you like? I don't understand how virgin's foreign reception can be any worse than any other network's. When you go abroad, find the "Network Selection" option and switch it to Manual and then switch to another network, you should find that you can switch to any network even if its not your home network. It may be a problem with your phone being inefficient in finding the best reception in the area.
all i know is that on "contract" on virgin, you get 140 countries ish but on pay as you go you only get a few.
just phoned them actually as my handsets playing up. "no problem," they say, "we'll send a courier out to you to replace it." "when?" i say. "tomorrow!" they reply.
now, as i was saying about customer service...
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Well they are Arsenal's sponsors so thats a very black mark against their name.
02 only sponser to best - thats Arsenal and the England rugby team.
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rae)
all i know is that on "contract" on virgin, you get 140 countries ish but on pay as you go you only get a few.
aah, my bad ... i assumed u were on contract. i dunno how payg works abroad, but i would imagine vodafone do quite well seeing as they have such a large international network.

all of the virgin group companies have great customer service in my experience. VA has the nicest looking air hostesses, and their clubhouse is fantastic
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
02 only sponser to best - thats Arsenal and the England rugby team.
and that appalling excuse for a TV Show ... big brother.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, I'm on Vodafone Anytime 100 and have 100 free minutes to any network, anytime with 150 free texts (for 6 months) and £5 worth of stuff to mess about with, a month for £22. I'm happy so far but I just wished they could include some free GPRS or something!

I have always liked O2 though because they have some really cheap tariffs on PAYG like 2p a minute during the weekends! And yea, Orange also has some nice stuff like Text Saver. T-Mobile? No way. Their monthly tariffs are expensive and their PAYG is horrendous (who wants to pay 30p to make a 10 second call?)
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
Well, I'm on Vodafone Anytime 100 and have 100 free minutes to any network, anytime with 150 free texts (for 6 months) and £5 worth of stuff to mess about with, a month for £22. I'm happy so far but I just wished they could include some free GPRS or something!

I have always liked O2 though because they have some really cheap tariffs on PAYG like 2p a minute during the weekends! And yea, Orange also has some nice stuff like Text Saver. T-Mobile? No way. Their monthly tariffs are expensive and their PAYG is horrendous (who wants to pay 30p to make a 10 second call?)
doesn't your £5 include free GPRS time, I know I'm not being charged for it.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
doesn't your £5 include free GPRS time, I know I'm not being charged for it.
Yea it does but I dunno how many minutes or KB you get for that! I have been keeping a record of my data usage and reset the counter every month. I'm still awaiting my first bill. And it's bloody £7.35 per MB for the Anytime 100 tariff!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
28.57%
No (17)
60.71%
Don't know (3)
10.71%

Watched Threads