Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me or are people on TSR cruel? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ? They seem very quick to take the piss out of you, always try to put you down. I mean, wtf?

ReputationRep:
    people like taking the piss for the hell of it. i mean, they're obviously on here because they're bored or procrastinating. plus, with this new system of reps, it's easier to see whether or not people like a post, and people tend to give positive rep to posts that make fun of the OP. therefore, people are rude more often then they normally would be. at least, that's what i think.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've noticed this too.
    Making a thread about it possibly isn't the best idea if you wish to avoid the bespoken 'cruelty'. It's highly probable people will attempt to take the piss out of your posts as much as possible as part of a faintly ironic master plan. Most things I'd imagine are said out of the ever-enduring will to get a cheap laugh :')
    Just posting here makes me a target as well. *gulp*

ReputationRep:
    Internets, after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confusedperson)
    ? They seem very quick to take the piss out of you, always try to put you down. I mean, wtf?
    It makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside

ReputationRep:
    tbh most people on here deserve the stick theyre getting. ffs take a look at the kind of ridiculous threads that surface every now and then. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    That's TSR

ReputationRep:
    It's part of the fun of reading TSR posts. I'm happy to see offensive posts even if I wouldn't do the same myself. Anonymity brings out the worst in people, and it's fun to watch. Trolling is an art in itself when done right. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    maybe because they have no life and I know what you mean. I post something up to ask if anyone can help me out and all I get is someone making me feel dumb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glowy Amoeba)
    It's part of the fun of reading TSR posts. I'm happy to see offensive posts even if I wouldn't do the same myself. Anonymity brings out the worst in people, and it's fun to watch. Trolling is an art in itself when done right. :yes:
    maybe but it's not fun when ALL the posts are offensive. Especially if you're looking for serious advice or feedback.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors in the world...

ReputationRep:
    If it wasn't for these AWESOME posters, I think there would be a lot less people on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    People on the internet tend to be 'brave'.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny reading some of the comments, but if it's directed at you, you just have to learn how to ignore them. Plus, trust me, there are worse people on other forum sites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GBateman)
    There are a lot of keyboard warriors in the world...

Remember that scene from Wanted?

ReputationRep:
    The internet is a cruel, cruel mistress. Treat her with care.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I agree. It's pathetic. There are cruel people like that in real life too, but it can be worse here cos of the anonymity. You just have to learn to brush it off though. If you know you're not doing anything wrong, then you can just tell yourself that they're the idiots, which is usually the case 99% of the time.

Plus, there's still plenty of nice people on here so it's worth it for that, otherwise I probably would have stopped coming here long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Without trolls and Keyboard warriors, TSR would be a ghost town.

Seriously though funny posters and thread makers pwn FTW! "for the lulz!"

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    Thaaaat's Life

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.