Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First year of IB..during these months I've experienced procrastinating work and stuff like that..i found it quite fun somehow XD..
    Anyways, this is the first year for our school teaching IB (which means our class is the first batch of guinea pigs -.- ..) i received my first quarter report, and the results are the following:
    HL:
    English A1 6
    Math 5
    ITGS 5
    SL:
    Chinese A2 6
    Art 6
    Bio 5

I switched to SL math and HL Art, due to the fact that i found out i'm more interested in art rather than art...(but recently i dropped from 6 to 4 in math, because i bombed a unit test last week -.- ..)

I'm not sure these grades do really show my IB levels or not..i'm not saying our teachers are not trustworthy...it's just...yea..first year for our school teaching IB...the scores the teachers give us might be high or sth..

For English...we have written several commentaries (on the books and passages or articles we've read), around 6+...we finished reading 3-4 books...

Maths...we are doing quite fast...finish 10 chapters... but sometimes we can't understand the teacher because of his thick accent and poor handwriting (seriously, sometimes his handwriting looks like Martian... -.-)

Art...we have done some big paintings and lots of research work...we are doing our 2nd topic now

ITGS...we are doing this huge project...it's gonna due in Feb and sent to the IB center for marking... we've done 4 chapters on the book...

Bio...the teacher is following the syllabus...we've done some chapters...recently scored 92.5% on the test...guess our class is doing fine on this subject..

Sorry for all this blabbering...I'm really worried whether our school is following the real IB pace or not...don't want to fail my life here...Thank you so much for reading this long post @@ i really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaitokid77)

I never trusted teachers... they never know everything.

Do some past examination papers... you'll be alright

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.