Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Surely, I'm not falling for him. Watch

ReputationRep:
    -----

ReputationRep:
    Wait, wait.. you've never met him? Well why don't you get out and meet him?

(Original post by milkytea)
    Wait, wait.. you've never met him? Well why don't you get out and meet him?
    That would be awkward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHeart)
    Hi,

We are both 17, I don't really want to get into a relationship until I'm at least 18 and at uni, so this is just too much right now.

I randomly added a guy that goes to a school near me, we've never met. But anyway at first we spoke for a few hours and he asked if I was single and asked me out but not knowing the guy I said that I wasn't ready to get into a relationship. It turned out that every time I came online he would speak to me and we would both stay up all night just chatting about everything that was on our mind. We became very close and he became almost like a best friend to me where I could talk to him about anything including guys. I looked at this guy as a friend and only a friend. He was like my big brother and speaking to him is like a daily routine. However, yesterday I was online and usually he is the first to message me and I was on for about an hour but he didn't so I decided to be the first to say hi. He didn't seem like his normal self and wasn't very chatty and when I asked him if I'd done anything wrong he said 'Hell no, how could you have done anything wrong? Lets carry on.' and for the first time I got this funny feeling in my stomach something I have NEVER experienced with him in the past year I've spoken to him. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about him before going to bed and during all of yesterday afternoon I had Facebook on minimize hoping he will come online. And, I've been listening to depressing songs. I have always looked at him as just a brother but right now I just feel depressed and sad

What's going on? Advice please?

Surely, I can't be falling for him? I've know him for a year so why now? I do not want to wreck our friendship so I wouldn't ever want to get into a relationship with him.
    You can't fall for someone you've never met. People can be very different online than what they are in person. How do you know he even is who he says he is? Have you atleast spoken to him on the phone?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very worried now.

You are speaking to an anonymous person who you actually have no idea who he is and randomnly added.

And you tell him about your personal life and think you are 'falling' for him.

You sound like a very confused teenage girl.

Advice: Cut all contact with this person immediately and stop this mess from taking a turn for the worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebodytolove)
    You can't fall for someone you've never met. People can be very different online than what they are in person. How do you know he even is who he says he is? Have you atleast spoken to him on the phone?
    I've seen him around a few times as we live nearby but apart from hi we haven't said much as he's always with mates or vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That would be awkward.
    And yet you're considering entering into a relationship with him?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen him around a few times as we live nearby but apart from hi we haven't said much as he's always with mates or vice versa.
    So you talk almost everyday online and when you see each other it's just a hi?

ReputationRep:
    I can't even find the right words to respond to this.

ReputationRep:
    what

Hi,

We are both 17, I don't really want to get into a relationship until I'm at least 18 and at uni, so this is just too much right now.

I randomly added a guy that goes to a school near me. But anyway at first we spoke for a few hours and he asked if I was single and asked me out but not knowing the guy I said that I wasn't ready to get into a relationship. It turned out that every time I came online he would speak to me and we would both stay up all night just chatting about everything that was on our mind. We became very close and he became almost like a best friend to me where I could talk to him about anything including guys. I looked at this guy as a friend and only a friend. He was like my big brother and speaking to him is like a daily routine. However, yesterday I was online and usually he is the first to message me and I was on for about an hour but he didn't so I decided to be the first to say hi. He didn't seem like his normal self and wasn't very chatty and when I asked him if I'd done anything wrong he said 'Hell no, how could you have done anything wrong? Lets carry on.' and for the first time I got this funny feeling in my stomach something I have NEVER experienced with him in the past year I've spoken to him. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about him before going to bed and during all of yesterday afternoon I had Facebook on minimize hoping he will come online. And, I've been listening to depressing songs. I have always looked at him as just a brother but right now I just feel depressed and sad

Surely, I can't be falling for him? I've know him for a year so why now? I do not want to wreck our friendship so I wouldn't ever want to get into a relationship with him.
      Why can't a relationship be built on a foundation of friendship. Why can't a friendship grow into a relationship?

Talk to him.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      Why can't a relationship be built on a foundation of friendship. Why can't a friendship grow into a relationship?

Talk to him.
      Thanks for being the first with a genuine answer however, I've known him just over a year and never felt anything towards him. Do you think it could be something else? He isn't really 'my type' but :|

ReputationRep:
      I think you should probably get to know each other a little better offline (i.e in person) first but there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

My boyfriend is my best friend and we've been together two years now. It works well because we can talk honestly and openly to each other about anything.

Good luck :-) x

ReputationRep:
      Hi,

I randomly added a guy that goes to a school near me. But anyway at first we spoke for a few hours and he asked if I was single and asked me out but not knowing the guy I said that I wasn't ready to get into a relationship. It turned out that every time I came online he would speak to me and we would both stay up all night just chatting about everything that was on our mind. We became very close and he became almost like a best friend to me where I could talk to him about anything including guys. I looked at this guy as a friend and only a friend. He was like my big brother and speaking to him is like a daily routine. However, yesterday I was online and usually he is the first to message me and I was on for about an hour but he didn't so I decided to be the first to say hi. He didn't seem like his normal self and wasn't very chatty and when I asked him if I'd done anything wrong he said 'Hell no, how could you have done anything wrong? Lets carry on.' and for the first time I got this funny feeling in my stomach something I have NEVER experienced with him in the past year I've spoken to him. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about him before going to bed and during all of yesterday afternoon I had Facebook on minimize hoping he will come online. And, I've been listening to depressing songs. I have always looked at him as just a brother but right now I just feel depressed and sad

Usually people your age only realise someone's importance or real worth once there is a chance of losing it, godspeed my friend.

ReputationRep:
      you need to meet him in person !!!! if your friends it shouldn't be awkward

ReputationRep:
      hmmmmm

Don't call me Shirley.

Thanks for being the first with a genuine answer however, I've known him just over a year and never felt anything towards him. Do you think it could be something else? He isn't really 'my type' but :|
          If you think you're beginning to feel like you might be in love with him, then the feeling's more genuine than a mere physical attraction, right?

If he isn't your 'type,' there still shouldn't really be a problem. In what ways do you think you're incompatible? There was a girl I used to talk to a lot on MSN, a friend of a friend, and at one point a couple of years ago, love developed between us - she was the first (okay, only) girl I ever told I loved her. Yet we've never met face-to-face, and that's the main reason why the relationship never went further*, and eventually dissolved back into mere friendship.

So, just see how it goes, see if you can meet up. See if you can find out if you are compatible, and if he loves you. It's a real, crying shame to see love vanish!

* Although we loved each other, we weren't really attracted to each other physically, and we never called ourselves a 'couple.'

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Yawn11)
          I can't even find the right words to respond to this.
          Yawn11 lost for words? That's a first :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Tootles)
          If you think you're beginning to feel like you might be in love with him, then the feeling's more genuine than a mere physical attraction, right?

If he isn't your 'type,' there still shouldn't really be a problem. In what ways do you think you're incompatible? There was a girl I used to talk to a lot on MSN, a friend of a friend, and at one point a couple of years ago, love developed between us - she was the first (okay, only) girl I ever told I loved her. Yet we've never met face-to-face, and that's the main reason why the relationship never went further*, and eventually dissolved back into mere friendship.

So, just see how it goes, see if you can meet up. See if you can find out if you are compatible, and if he loves you. It's a real, crying shame to see love vanish!

* Although we loved each other, we weren't really attracted to each other physically, and we never called ourselves a 'couple.'
          Thank you!
          Are you guys still friends?

A while ago he said that a girl had asked him out and he had said no and when I asked why he said that he didn't like her. Then he said that she kept emailing her and how she was going on about how she would never be happy with him in his life. I don't know to what extent this was true but I reckon he said it all to make me jealous and at the time I wasn't.

However, with me never being in a relationship as I'm a generally shy person - I'm just really scared. He asked me a few months back when I was ready to date and when I said 18 this was his response : I guess I'll have to wait until then. So, I do think he likes me so our feelings could be mutual but like I said I'm scared. We have such a strong friendship that I wouldn't want anything to ruin that and a relationship is just too much for me, with exams and all.

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.