Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it time to let him go? Watch

Announcements

Ok so at the beginning I should say I'm gay...
    Anyway, there's this guy that I've been dating for about three months and cared about so much. We really got along! But then out of the blue, he reveals that he's not out to anyone bar two friends and that he knew it was to much to ask us to stay a secret so we broke up which killed me.

Then he came back and said he was going to try and come out for me...which I absolutely did not ask and put no pressure on him and then finally he said it was just impossible for him to do and since then he'd actually cut me off completely and not talked to me or met up at all.

Anyway, I knew he was going through a rough time so I decided to try and let him know that I'm there as a friend and he text back saying he'd really like that. Then he sent a second text say "Damn, now I can't get you out of my head" and since then hasn't responded at all!

I know I should probably just let him go but I care for him so much it's really hard to just walk away from someone I get on so well with :|

Should I just walk away or should i make an effort?

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like he's not worth your time if you ask me mate...

ReputationRep:
    This is tricky because you like someone who is asking a great deal from you. are you or him willing to get back together in secret? If you care about him that much, you need to help him deal with coming out, you'll understand how difficult it is for some people! Care for him and be there for him if you can, but if that's too hard for you because of your previous relationship and feelings, then you will have to walk away. I'm going through this now, I need to walk away fully from my now ex-boyfriend, but its really scary. It depends how you're really feeling towards this guy, and whether you feel that you can be there for him or not. Sometimes it's okay to be selfish.

(Original post by littlehobbit)
    This is tricky because you like someone who is asking a great deal from you. are you or him willing to get back together in secret? If you care about him that much, you need to help him deal with coming out, you'll understand how difficult it is for some people! Care for him and be there for him if you can, but if that's too hard for you because of your previous relationship and feelings, then you will have to walk away. I'm going through this now, I need to walk away fully from my now ex-boyfriend, but its really scary. It depends how you're really feeling towards this guy, and whether you feel that you can be there for him or not. Sometimes it's okay to be selfish.
    Thanks so much for this post I really do care for him but I think part of the problem is that he's cutting me off so much in that he'll just blank messages and stuff but at the same time I know it's because he doesn't want to hurt me but I can't get him to realise that I want to be there for him!! Gahh it's so hard !!

Hope you are ok with your ex - I know how hard it is to walk away when they're all you can think about! I wish I had some advice but there wasn't really anything I could or can do that makes walking away any easier.

ReputationRep:
    Leave him, maybe one day if he wises up he will realise what he is missing.

Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.