Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you believe the camera or the mirror? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The camera makes me look and the mirror makes me look Which one do you believe more for yourself and why?

ReputationRep:
    mirror seeing as it's 3D

ReputationRep:
    I believe the mirror cause the mirror makes me look better
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Mirror makes me look better too

ReputationRep:
    mirr

ReputationRep:
    The mirror, i always look the sameish
    Whereas in photos i always either look surpringly good, or shockingly bad... usually the latter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by relaxmansh**)
    mirr
    you spelt mirror wrong

ReputationRep:
    Cameras capture a single instant, which may not represent how you look in motion, which is what really matters.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror is definitely better..

ReputationRep:
    I am SO unphotogenic it's upsetting.

Sometimes in the mirror I look alright.

Ergo, I trust the mirror, IN HOPE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinqueta)
    The camera makes me look and the mirror makes me look Which one do you believe more for yourself and why?
    OMG, I'm exactly the same! I can look really good in the mirror, especially with some really nice makeup on. But when I take a photo, it all turns to **** . Which is such a shame, because sometimes I really want a photo of my nice makeup, but it's difficult cos I'm so darn unphotogenic! :mad: I hate it, so annoying!

I think being photogenic depends a lot on factors like your bone structure, as well as just good photography. It's why a lot of the top models look so stunning in photographs, even if they're not the most conventional beauties. So I believe photographs aren't the best representation of one's beauty, especially if one happens to be unlucky enough to be unphotogenic :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the mirror because what you see is what you get. Cameras are a tricky business, you have to get the angle just right...

ReputationRep:
    Video camera. If you really want to know what you look like, next time you have a gathering or whatever leave the webcam on your computer on for 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Camera. Because I look better in photos.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror by a mile.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror. I'm a really unphotogenic person (the light focus just happens to be at the wrong place each time!), and I have this wondrous ability to take photos in a way that makes me look twenty pounds heavier than I actually am Ahh, how interesting ...

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm more used to seeing my reflection but photographs always look odd because it's the right way round - in the mirror your face is flipped the other way.

ReputationRep:
    If i take a face on picture, i look awful.
    If i take the picture reflecting off the mirror, i look decent.

I tend to trust the camera, i'm a pessimistic person.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror. I never look nice in photos.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror makes me look better. Except I'm the wrong way round on it.

I trust the camera though tbh, because it makes me look retarded, and I do actually look retarded, I think. I look fine in the mirror when I leave, then in photos I like terrible.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.