Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Just wondering what are your christmas eve traditions if you have any,
    mine are:
    -Wake up eat breckfast, snack on festive biscuits while watching christmas tv until about 2pm
    -Then get dressed start visiting all relitives living within close proximity until 7pm
    -Go home have pre christmas turkey sandwhich
    -Open 1 early christmas pressie
    -Put on PJ's and what Harry Potter which is lways on tv christmas eve

Sad I know

ReputationRep:
    -Wake up screaming "bah, humbug"
    -Get dressed and go out to kick a few puppies and slap a bunch of babies
    -Break into your house and steal all your presents
    -Put on PJs and go onto TSR to troll a few threads

ReputationRep:
    The Nightmare before Christmas and an apple pretty much sums up my Christmas Eve. Christmas doesn't really start till the 26th in my house...

ReputationRep:
    We all agree to buy Xmas presents on boxing day.

ReputationRep:
    Peel vegetables around the tv in the evening. A lot of cooking goes on during the day tbh. :yep::yum:

ReputationRep:
    Muppet Christmas Carol!

ReputationRep:
    Christmas pyjamas. A brand new pair of pj's that you wear on christmas eve, so you wake up in them on christmas day.

ReputationRep:
    We spend most of the day watching Christmas TV, listening to nat king cole, preparing food for Christmas day, perhaps go for a walk if its nice and crisp outside and I don't usually have a bath very often but I usually have one on Christmas eve.

ReputationRep:
    Late-night row between my drunken uncle and grumpy grandfather. Don't ya just love Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    Crib service at church, then last minute wrapping up of presents, nice meal, board games, midnight service, go to bed and then wake up at about 5.30 to open my stocking presents on Christmas morning.

ReputationRep:
    The Christmas stockings and relaxing at home basically.

ReputationRep:
    wake up and tolerate the day :P (possibly just hope someone will talk to me )

then at night go clubbing and forget its even christmas :L

ReputationRep:
    Watch crap TV then go to the pub for a few. And get a phonecall from my friends in Australia at 1 in the afternoon to wish me Merry Christmas, grrr.

ReputationRep:
    My family has no traditions really, apart from to do nothing. But I always end up sitting alone infront of the coal fire, with the Christmas tree, a cup of hot chocolate (maybe a bit of alcohol in there) watching A Christmas Carol and then the Christmas Mass. Of course, in between this I listen to Christmas carols.

EDIT: I've just realised, this sounds really sad! It's not! It is such a lovely relaxing day for me... No worries.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Usually it is just a normal day for me, then at night I go to the pub with my mates, only stay out until just gone midnight, then go home and sleep.

I have never really been one for doing a lot of 'different' activities on Christmas Eve - most shops etc just operate Sunday hours which is fine. Trafford Centre shuts at 6 but usually avoid there as it is packed full of men buying presents for their wives as they completely forgot it was Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Well; I'm in a brass band, and we always have to go playing carols in our local shopping centre on Christmas Eve, which is always really, really lovely! So we do that and are normally finished by about 2pm, then we'll go to the cinema, timing it so that it's light when we go in, and dark when we come out

Then go home and just generally get very excited, go to bed about about 7pm (hahaha) and not get to sleep

ReputationRep:
    Mostly the daytime is spent getting the house ready for people coming over on Christmas Day, which involves a ridiculous amount of cleaning and cooking, but our actual 'traditions' don't take place until the evening.

When we were younger, my Dad used to take me and my brother out in the car to try and find the most extravagantly-Christmas-lighted house in the area, in order to give my mum time to bring the presents downstairs. Nowadays, he can't be bothered to go out in the cold so we both just hide in our rooms and promise not to peek, but it was always very exciting. We still hang our stockings up and leave out a drink and a cake for Santa, but as we're 19 and 17 now, it's all very tongue-in-cheek. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I usually sat and watched Christmas films during the day then in the evening we'd open presents from friends and stuff. Then we'd set everything out for Santa and lay our stockings out and our mum read us 'the 12 days of Christmas' and ''Twas the night before Christmas' before going to sleep. I'm working at 6 on Christmas Eve this year though - which is gonna involve me getting up at 4:30 (possibly before if the snow doesn't clear up) and go off to work. Fun stuff. At least I'll be finishing at 2 (hopefully before) and have the afternoon and evening to do Chrismtassy stuff I still do it all even though I'm 18, I've got 2 younger brothers (7 and 9) to use as an excuse for it all though!

ReputationRep:
    Normal day.

ReputationRep:
    We literally do nothing on Christmas Eve. Watch a bit of telly and mum does a little buffet, cocktail sausages, sausage rolls and the like

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.