Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is the question:

Why do some groups use insider methods and other groups use outsider methods? (10 marks)

In this question do I talk about the ads of insider and outsider methods?

OR do i talk about some of the methods used by insider and outsider?

PLEASE HELP ME IT'S 4 MY REVISION.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ********)
    This is the question:

Why do some groups use insider methods and other groups use outsider methods? (10 marks)

Talk about the ads and disads of being an insider and an outsider. Give examples of methods to show your point.

I also saw you had another thread:
    Why have pressure groups become more important in the political process?

Can somone please give me SOME points because i'm kinda stuck on what to put down.
    Since when have they become more important?
    The use of the media has meant the have become more powerful. - In your essay talk about how they use media to influence policy or the electorate.
    Culture - more members (really though? Some memberships are actually declining in numbers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ********)
    This is the question:

Talk about both. The examiner will want to see you acknowledge and define the methods used by insider and outsider groups, along with a definition of the groups themselves, and also and analysis of the effectiveness of these methods.

Keep the question in your head all the time so you don't digress from it. I recommend you have an introduction that explains what each type of pressure group is and outlines their characteristics; insider pressure groups are close to the government and they tend to be consulted sometimes etc. outsiders operate independently.

Use the main body to discuss the methods they use and why they're good, the insider groups have direct influence to the executive and tend be heard, the downside is that this means they are sometimes seen as an extension of the government, they can't be too radical otherwise they'll risk their insider status. Outsiders operate without these limitations and therefore can act irrationally, which is not always a bad thing, F4J have recieved a lot of press for their antics that would see them removed from the government's innter-circle.

Conclude by answering the question: Using your body as a reference say why you feel certain groups use insider tactics and others use outsiders. Make reference to any correlation that may seem to appear between insider/outsider status and cause etc.

ReputationRep:
    yeah id say what the others said. Is that a question for AS Unit 1? I've not come across it. What board u taking ur exams with? AQA? Im doing Edexcel Unit 1 and 2 in Jan and Im rather nervous coz i really dont know it very well. How dya manage 2 get 25 marks out of a one line question? Still havent figured it out. Esp with some where there really aint much 2 say?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.