Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer from this university last week. They want 1 B in any higher for entry to the LLB Course. I was just trying to find out from anybody who is doing/has done this course at this uni to find out what they thought of it. I am really excited about starting this uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahbrown793)
    I got a conditional offer from this university last week. They want 1 B in any higher for entry to the LLB Course. I was just trying to find out from anybody who is doing/has done this course at this uni to find out what they thought of it. I am really excited about starting this uni!
    Hiya, I'm currently just away to sit my exams for the first semester at RGU doing Law and it is fantastic! The quality of teaching is brilliant as is the help and skills you gain (and the first year isn't even over yet!) If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask

ReputationRep:
    thanks thats really helpful as i am torn between RGU and Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahbrown793)
    thanks thats really helpful as i am torn between RGU and Edinburgh.
    I was torn between a couple of universities in Glasgow AND RGU and although I would have enjoyed experiencing Glasgow as a city, I'm glad I decided to stay in Aberdeen and study at RGU but at the end of the day, it is your decision. You just need to look at the course content for each university and judge which one you feel is best for your future career.

There are certain law topics you must study in order to become a solicitor (if that is the route you want to take) so it is important to note whether your university does those modules or not or at the very least, if they cover the topics which you feel would most interest you. I don't see why Edinburgh wouldn't though, it is quite a prestigious university and a few of my friends chose to go there

ReputationRep:
    I think they both allow the courses which I would need in order to become a solicitor, and i also believe that they both do the DLP. Im really unsure, but havent heard back from edinburgh yet so i might not even get an offer lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.