Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

He can't get it up - what can I do? watch

My boyfriend and I are a relatively new couple and don't see each other that often. The last time I did see him, we had sex for the first time (we were both quite drunk) and he couldn't get an erection for about half an hour before he finally did and we had a good time. I just put the problem down to him being drunk (it happens).

However, the second night we were both sober and decided to do it again properly. But, he was clearly nervous and could not get a full erection without losing it. We tried for about 2 hours but in the end had to go to sleep and thought it would be ok in the morning (morning glory). He lost it quickly in the morning when he became nervous again, but 2 hours later, he got an erection and we had amazing sex.

He's coming to stay with me soon and being in a LDR, I get pretty sexually frustrated. I really want to have a night of sex and passion rather than just waiting for him to get an erection again. I know he's going to be under pressure again and probably a bit nervous as it's happened twice in a row, so my question is how can I personally help him relieve the pressure and put him at ease? I like him so much and I want him to be relaxed around me, but it seems he isn't in the bedroom.

He said it's never happened to him before, so what do people on this forum do with the same problem?

ReputationRep:
    Be more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    How small is it? Perhaps he is shy.

ReputationRep:
    Buy the little blue pill. :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably find that once you've had sex properly ONCE with no problems, his confidence will grow and then he'll be fine. But it's something that a lot of couples go through at first.. just be patient and give it time.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to see his GP. Awkward thing to say to someone but seriously, he's a young guy and he shouldn't be struggling with erectile dysfunction. See how it goes but if the problem persists, erectile dysfunction can be symptomatic of a much larger medical issue.

ReputationRep:
    Well think about how embarrassed he must have been when he couldn't get it up the first time. He was drunk, but it's still embarrassing for him. He may have felt like he just had so many expectations to live up to the second time that he was too nervous.

Just relaaaax and don't mention it

ReputationRep:
    OP, you need to provide us with some pictures of yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.