Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like I'm slowly losing my religion (Islam) ... :'/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, thank you for visiting this thread.

I'm a Muslim; the last 3 or 4 years I've neglected Islam, and not bothered to look into it, learn the basic prayers etc.
    Recently I've been really upset and down for no apparent reason, and I know this may sound stupid or w/e to those atheists; but I felt that becoming more in touch with Islam would make me feel a little better, mentality wise.

I'm stuck atm, I want to becoming more in touch with Islam but don't know where to start, or how to learn it properly and quickly.

Thanks again, TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel like life is bigger, as in bigger than you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumppp.786)
    quickly.
    That's your problem, there' no magic wand. Stopping being a loser takes time and effort. HTH

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the fact he put Islam in the title .

I'm a Muslim; the last 3 or 4 years I've neglected Islam, and not bothered to look into it, learn the basic prayers etc.
      Recently I've been really upset and down for no apparent reason, and I know this may sound stupid or w/e to those atheists; but I felt that becoming more in touch with Islam would make me feel a little better, mentality wise.

I'm stuck atm, I want to becoming more in touch with Islam but don't know where to start, or how to learn it properly and quickly.

Thanks again, TSR.
      The appropriate thread to post this sort of question is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1240627

This is where you will get serious replies. IMO though, whilst religion is one way to seek "better mentality", it is not the only way. And it does not have the be a complete (using religion completely) way should you choose religion. You can find certain answers from religion, and find certain answers for yourself, but it is only you who must decide if these answers are correct. Try no to limit yourself in one way, as there are many other ways.

ReputationRep:

Thanks again, TSR.
      Hi,

Firstly, I hope you feel better soon :hugs: and Im glad that you're turning to Islam for help.
      Do you not have anyone in your family that you can talk to? Or any Muslim friends that may direct you to things/a place that may help you learn the basics?

ReputationRep:
      All beliefs are based on the premise that you do not want to know the truth.

ReputationRep:
      It happens to a lot of us when our Iman weakens but it's very good of you that you acknowledge it and want to become more in touch with your deen. It is difficult but you will get through it ..I'd advise you to this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post28961591 they are experts and I am sure they will help you out to the best of their ability.

I'll pray that your Iman will get stronger Ameen

(Calm down with the neg reps ..gosh!)

ReputationRep:
      i think you should start by learning the basic prayers and read as many as you can throughout the day.
      Also try and read the Quran if you know how to, and if not, you deffo need to learn how to.
      Try and read up on Islam, to answer any questions you may have aswell.
      Good luck and Inshallah you'll be guided onto the right path

ReputationRep:
      Hi! If you need religion to be happy, there's not a lot worth living for tbh! Have a pleasant day.

ReputationRep:

Thanks again, TSR.
      It's interesting how you class yourself as a Muslim yet you neglect Islam and are out of touch with it/don't know the basics.

Do you feel like you are a Muslim because your family are and you should be also? This is purely out of self-interest, you don't have to answer to it if it's personal to you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by paulsmithfan)
      All beliefs are based on the premise that you do not want to know the truth.
      What about that belief?
      I guess you only believe that because you want that to be true too, by your own logic

ReputationRep:
      Where did you see it last? Try down the back of the sofa
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      How has no-one said anything about R.E.M yet?

Anyway, I would go to your mosque and ask for help

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by S-man10)
      The appropriate thread to post this sort of question is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1240627

This is where you will get serious replies. IMO though, whilst religion is one way to seek "better mentality", it is not the only way. And it does not have the be a complete (using religion completely) way should you choose religion. You can find certain answers from religion, and find certain answers for yourself, but it is only you who must decide if these answers are correct. Try no to limit yourself in one way, as there are many other ways.
      You do realise that your first comment totally negated any value in your second, right?

ReputationRep:
      Do you feel like you're in a spot light?

Edit: Ice_Queen ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Merk that Sike of a Mike)
      What about that belief?
      I guess you only believe that because you want that to be true too, by your own logic
      It's clear thinking not a belief. Belief means to think something is true without knowing if it is or not. If someone wanted to 'know' the Truth they would not chain themselves to religion which is just another way of staying asleep. I am glad the OP is losing their religion as it means they are stop being deluded by it. Only fear will pull them back into it's warm fold for another spot of hibernation.

ReputationRep:
      I feel like I'm losing the religion I never fully knew about in the first place. And I don't think I will ever learn about my religion because religion isnt really dominant anymore in society

(Original post by jismith1989)
        You do realise that your first comment totally negated any value in your second, right?
        The OP wanted to become happier through islam and that thread is the most appropriate place to ask this sort of question.

My second comment was "In my opinion".

ReputationRep:

Thanks again, TSR.
        Well, you should definitely start with prayer. It's the first thing that will be looked at on the Day of Judgement. If you don't know how to pray, go to a local mosque (or as local as you cvan get in England) and ask an Imam to teach you I guess. Otherwise, you could ask your parents if they're practising or a friend. Best of luck with it. I hope you start feeling better soon!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.