Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ibiza jobs summer 2011! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about working in ibiza this summer. I've been twice on holiday so I know my way around the place. But does anyone have any advice on where to find a job and a place to stay. Are there any websites I can look at that you would recommend. Also should I find a job before I go, or should I go with enough money to last me a few weeks and try and find a job whilst I'm out there.

Any advice would be great thanks.

EDIT: Anyone else worked or are thinking about working in Ibiza this summer? Got a job sorted yet or accomodation? Got any tips?

ReputationRep:
    It depends what sort of jobs you're looking for, personally I would get in touch with as many bars, clubs and pubs as possible if you want to serve behind the bar or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    It depends what sort of jobs you're looking for, personally I would get in touch with as many bars, clubs and pubs as possible if you want to serve behind the bar or something.
    Yeh well I'm a barman anyway so I'm experienced. But any job will do really.

ReputationRep:
    try ibiza rocks hotel thing? a friend of a friend is applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law123mus)
    Yeh well I'm a barman anyway so I'm experienced. But any job will do really.
    That's a great start, I would email/ring as many places as possible. You are sure to find temp jobs & places to stay with them.

ReputationRep:
    Just sent an application to Ibiza rocks, fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Try and get in touch with people beforehand if you can, but if not then just go out there with enough money to last you for a few weeks and ask around for jobs out there. At the beginning of the season you should be fine. From what I've heard, a lot of bar owners have accomodation for their workers, if not then you'll meet a lot of other workers that'll be able to give you some places anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Your best to go out beginning of season eg. April time. Book maybe a holiday out and while there try find a job, go into bars talk to the managers etc some give accomodation with the job. Dont spend the week partying, spend it looking for a job and accomodation then if you dont find something you have your flight home.

A good website is SeasonWorkers.com
    Make an account on the forum pages and theres plenty of people with the same idea

ReputationRep:
    HI! Im thinkng of doing exactly the same this summer, sooo nervous bt excited! A friend of mine told me there are actually a couple of recruitment days in one of th bars, where managers go to employ in their own bars and clubs. I know ones on the 29th April and theres another in the beginning of May but not too sure of th specific date. He said he got this info from ibiza-spotlight.com so worth checking it out!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.