Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    n/a

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing it's the section where you can Argue/Persuade/Advise right?

To be fair, your answer seems quite short and a bit lacking. You might be able to get a C but I don't think it's any higher - don't be surprised if it isn't a C and don't be discouraged. Advise is pretty difficult in terms of what you can say - afterall, what can you advise on?

Lets start with your first point - the point of going abroad is ok but you got to ask yourself - is everyone going to be able to go on holiday?

The idea of studying is a difficult one as well - an example or anecdote might be a good idea. When you're writing, look at it and think to yourself - would I take this advise on?

Some of your points are very "hit and run" - perhaps elaborating a bit more.

A good piece of writing usually varies - including paragraphing and sentences. Unfortunately, your paragraphing is more or less same length throughout and the starting of the sentence is very boring (firstly, secondly, thirdly) - vary! This is the few sections where you can show off your writing skills! It' gets pretty boring when it's "this will....there is....this also..." all the time! Adding punctuation doesn't harm either!

I highly advise you to try persuade or argue in your next exam - it is far easier to gain marks on and ideas can be easily shown where you can show off your skills in writing further. Across the country, most people do better in Persuade or argue as well!

ReputationRep:
    thanks 4 ur advice, this is just a pratice one am weak in this but u thought of trying it out am good in the others and yes i will make sure i pick the one where i will get more marks
    thanks once again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.