Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, do you find girls who are both pretty and quiet the most difficult to talk to? Watch

Lets say you work with/go to uni with several girls. Which of these would you find easier or most difficuult to make converstaion with?

1. A girl who was pretty and confident/loud.

2. A girl who was pretty and shy/quiet.

3. A girl who was average looking and confident/ loud

4. A girl who was average looking and shy/quiet.

I'm just wondering what you all think because it seems to me that the really pretty girls are often seen as 'unapproachable' and shy/quiet girls are seen as difficult to get to know/ make conversation with. So therefore, the average looking girls seem to get to know everyone quicker, and also the confident ones do too as it's easier to make conversation with them. So in a way, I think that girls that fall into category 2 are at a big disadvantage when it comes to getting to know people. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    A girl who was a bloke

ReputationRep:
    What about a girl who will less than average looking? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    a quiet anyone is hard to talk to.

(Original post by MikeeyMon)
    Personally, I go for girls that are quiet/shy. Because I am like that myself. I lack in some confidence, don't really tend to drink or do anything that requires confidence. I just like to talk and do my own little thing.

But yeah. I always go for quiet/shy girls naturally in all my girlfriends when I think about it. At the end of the day, It's personal choice with the person if they are good looking
    Ok, so you would find option 2 the most attractive. However, if you were working with a group of girls, would you find that one the easiest to talk to? Or would you find the more confident/ less pretty option more approachable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota-XS)
    A girl who was a bloke
    hahahaha
    ahahahaha

aha

i think i love you
    :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    Some girls have lots of defenses in place before they open up, even in conversation, to a fella. You have to remember pretty girls get approached alot with the same type of initiation, hey sexy, even something more interesting such as 'you have nice eyes'.

It's a mixture of your experience, individuality and game that will allow you to talk to a wider range of girls.

ReputationRep:
    no. 3

ReputationRep:
    Most loud girls are hiding big insecurities with their apparent "confidence", I prefer talking and getting to know the quieter ones. You could say it's easier to talk to em if they're not good looking because it's easier (for me personally) to act naturally but the motivation is there if they're fit, if you get my drift

ReputationRep:
    How does someone's attractiveness determine whether or not you can talk to them?

ReputationRep:
    Quiet/shy girls are difficult to talk to, regardless of looks

ReputationRep:
    Erm, any girls TBH, but I can just chat **** to anyone, looks don't bother me...

I don't like really quiet girls though that just give one word answers and it actually takes effort to talk to them but same goes for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the loud, pretty one's the hardest to talk to, and the average, quiet one's the easiest. The former I'd see as more intimidating. With the average shy one at least I could take the time to get to know her.

From hardest --> easiest: Loud, pretty > Loud, average > Shy, pretty > Shy, average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wahaaaay)
    Most loud girls are hiding big insecurities with their apparent "confidence", I prefer talking and getting to know the quieter ones. You could say it's easier to talk to em if they're not good looking because it's easier (for me personally) to act naturally but the motivation is there if they're fit, if you get my drift

Explain your thinking here please?
    Maybe they're just happy people, who are confident because nothing gets in their way?
    Genetics..

ReputationRep:
    I'm a very shy/quiet person when anyone first gets to know me, but, once they've gotten to know me relatively well my personality and sense of humour tend to just appear lol. I'm always called 'pretty' by Family and Friends, which is lovely, and I apparently have a 'nice body' that I should 'show off' etc but I wouldn't say I'm 'gorgeous' or anything - I have glasses and dont wear make up so guys dont seem to find me attractive as they tend to find my more confident, make-up wearing Friends
    Generally when I do get approached by guys it's because they'd like to talk to me about something in particular, a problem they're having atm or Music etc, I dont think they're intending to 'chat me up' though when I have been asked out I always declined as I automatically believed they were joking, as generally they were Friends or Friends of Friends hehehe.

I think guys, especially at school, don't approach me with the intent of asking me out as I don't take any messin and I'm pretty sure they can see that a mile away lol.
    Sorri, don't think I make much sense but it'll be interesting to know what guys think - from what I've seen/experienced it appears guys find 'pretty', confident girls easier to approach if they're wanting to ask them out, particularly in a social situation involving alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~)
    I'm a very shy/quiet person when anyone first gets to know me, but, once they've gotten to know me relatively well my personality and sense of humour tend to just appear lol. I'm always called 'pretty' by Family and Friends, which is lovely, and I apparently have a 'nice body' that I should 'show off' etc but I wouldn't say I'm 'gorgeous' or anything - I have glasses and dont wear make up so guys dont seem to find me attractive as they tend to find my more confident, make-up wearing Friends
    Generally when I do get approached by guys it's because they'd like to talk to me about something in particular, a problem they're having atm or Music etc, I dont think they're intending to 'chat me up' though when I have been asked out I always declined as I automatically believed they were joking, as generally they were Friends or Friends of Friends hehehe.

I think guys, especially at school, don't approach me with the intent of asking me out as I don't take any messin and I'm pretty sure they can see that a mile away lol.
    Sorri, don't think I make much sense but it'll be interesting to know what guys think - from what I've seen/experienced it appears guys find 'pretty', confident girls easier to approach if they're wanting to ask them out, particularly in a social situation involving alcohol
    Loving every word of it ^_^

I'm the same, too (for what's in bold... Erm, nothing else @[email protected] Sort of o.o; Eep)...
    I very rarely start a conversation unless it's about something specific, and so I appear very shy... But as soon as someone does talk to me and the like, my more bouncy (in... Erm... Metaphorical terms @[email protected]) side appears ^_^

That being said, I more easily sustain a fulfilling conversation with those who are more shy and quiet... But that isn't a stereotype, as there are some rather *sighs* 'outspoken' people who I have rather joyous conversations with.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand it when a girl is shy.

Said it before and got hailed with negs.

I don't give a ****, shy people need to get out of their shells. Especially the girls, cause let's face it social wise, they've got so much less to be shy about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW-CG)
    Loving every word of it ^_^

I'm the same, too (for what's in bold... Erm, nothing else @[email protected] Sort of o.o; Eep)...
    I very rarely start a conversation unless it's about something specific, and so I appear very shy... But as soon as someone does talk to me and the like, my more bouncy (in... Erm... Metaphorical terms @[email protected]) side appears ^_^

That being said, I more easily sustain a fulfilling conversation with those who are more shy and quiet... But that isn't a stereotype, as there are some rather *sighs* 'outspoken' people who I have rather joyous conversations with.
    Thanks!! hehehe.
    You do tend to find the shy girls are actually the more interesting, as generally overly confident girls are just that, though that isnt the norm, and I do know a few boring quieter people and many friendly overly confident people - I suppose you'd just have to make the effort to get to know them to find out

ReputationRep:
    I would go all of them..but then again I don't have a type :P It depends on what individual characteristic I am attracted to in the person. A person is a whole package, not just how you might perceive them in one particular instance.

I encountered a number 4 a few years back. If you slowly chip away at them, you'll find them coming out of their shells and eventually you'll probably end up being quite good friends, This girl and I nearly ended up going out, actually, but it likely wouldn't have worked because I got vaguely friend-zoned.

Sadly, I've lost touch with her.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.