The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .Ali.
Why does it matter? She has good legs, and she's still quite attractive. That said, she isn't stunningly beautiful, but she's quite pretty. Yes she's a bit chunky, but so what? Leave her to live her life.

Original post by colabottles
Does it matter if she's fat or curvy or whatever? She's gorgeous! And happy! I think she's a real woman, as is any other woman who's happy. :smile:

To me it matters because the magazine is promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, I wouldn't want her in a magazine anymore than an anorexic supermodel, why can't we have some normal HEALTHY women??
Agreed.
Reply 182
OP is a bit of a douche like.
Reply 183
Bad times..

Her stomach is gross.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by my_username_was_taken
So you don't care that they cost the tax payer millions of pounds of treatment of preventable illnesses, when the money is taken away from people who need the treatment due to something like cancer, yet their drugs may get refused due to the cost!

As long as they're happy right?:rolleyes:

Being a drain on the state is fine I guess. As long as those dole scroungers are happy, that's ok is it?:rolleyes:

hhhhmmmm....

Over exaggerating quite a bit.....

...because having a little bit of fat on you is fine.....people always seem to think "aarrrg fat scary stuff...run away" ...but it's quite nayural and healthy...and that's not the infesting media in my head....I'm saying it because it's true.
Okay there may be some people out there who are unhealthily big...and when I say this, I mean those who spend there time constantly constantly, constantly, eating incredibly fatty, dairy , carb foods. That would cause problems for the nhs.

YET....surely there are other issues....what about all those heavy smokers and drinkers and druggies....the illnesses they could face are also preventable aren't they? :rolleyes:

Being a size 14 or 16 is not going to lead to a heart attack...unless she suddenly goes one a spending spree at every fast food shop over the next few years.

You let me down digeridoo dude! :thumbsdown:
I would
Can't believe such a stupid thread is still going on.
(edited 13 years ago)
her face is alright

but flabby stomach is ergh
Original post by noodle1987
Can't believe such a stupid threat is still going on.

Yeah this is a very stupid THREAT.:wink:
Original post by tbm
Personally I think the original model looks a lot better than the picture you posted, mainly because she looks all in proportion.

Anyway, I dont think the original girl looks fat at all. She is sitting in an awkward position which just enhances her tummy. If she was stood up straight Im betting she'd look a lot different and it would be a more flattering photo.

I never though I'd have to post this twice this week:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_(graphical)

The second 'model' is not in proportion. Even considering the obvious use of magic tools such as Adobe Photoshop and other photographic enhancement software, she still looks fat and disgusting.

Real talk. I'd sooner bang an old bottle of bleach than the chick posted in the OP.
Original post by Jessaay!
Abdominal fat to such an extent isn't healthy though.

I get annoyed when people say "this is a real woman" and "as long as she's happy it's fine", because firstly HEALTHY women are many sizes (though as I said, she does look to have a lot of excessive abdominal fat) and an obese woman might be happy with herself, but it's not fine if she's going to get cardiovascular disease.

Also, imagine if you guys saw a man with so much abdominal fat and rolls of skin. People would say it's unhealthy and disgusting. I know men have less fat naturally than women, but it doesn't make as much of a difference as in the picture.

Why do you not graduated until 2016?
Reply 191
As my neighbour at uni would say: fatty fatty! :awesome:
I'm sick of this real woman sh!t. I'm 5ft2, size 6 and real. I'm starting to hate how the media is commending slightly over-weight people and suggesting that size 14 (or whatever that woman is) is the way to be. Why can't people just stop being prejudice full stop. Someone can be beautiful at any weight, as long as it's not too extreme either way. The media needs to stop showing different sizes in certain lights, otherwise people will always have body complexes. Why can't there be an article of lots of different sized people saying 'YAY f.uck yeaah, people are beautiful because they are there own person, because everyone is different'. :tongue:
Original post by wtfCharlie
To me it matters because the magazine is promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, I wouldn't want her in a magazine anymore than an anorexic supermodel, why can't we have some normal HEALTHY women??

I understand your point but her having a figure like that doesn't meant she eats unhealthily - I know someone has a very similar figure to that and she goes to the gym, eats all foods in moderation etc. They're not promoting unhealthyness - just trying to make everybody feel equal, because it's awful when people who are naturally bigger feel awful just because they're told they have to be thin!
Original post by my_username_was_taken
Yeah this is a very stupid THREAT.:wink:

Well spotted.:smile:
'I don't care what the scale says'

You will after a heart attack or two, you fat thicko.
Original post by hannah234
I think you'll find that in terms of aesthetics, perfection can only ever be subjective.

I've encountered more cr*p on this website than I have at any other time in my life.

****ing hell, some people just refuse to read the rest of the comments dont they!
(edited 13 years ago)
This is the same girl with blonde hair and standing up:

Just type her name into google
Think she's 'fat' now?
She may have a bit of chub but she's gorgeous!
Original post by The*Doctor's*Rose
This is the same girl with blonde hair and standing up:

Just type her name into google
Think she's 'fat' now?

I'm not sure whether you're expecting yes or no, so I'm gonna say yes?

Latest

Trending

Trending