The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think the main thing is to really establish what fat is, because there are many people who can be a size 12 and look fat and other who are size 12 and look thin. I think some people in here, not quoting anyone are using some extreme conditions and picking situations where this type of 'incident' hardly occurs or at least it does not cause as much of a problem as what they are making it out to...

I just don't see why thet should be discriminated against? =/
But it is... it's something that to each person is unique because I sure as hell know that Idon't find attractive what some people do...

And I'll check the link out. Hang on.
You make me laugh, troll :biggrin:
That's not a good reason. We can't live our lives on the basis of decreasing government spending of the NHS. Should people stop smoking and drinking because it will reduce NHS costs?

- Problematic for men to find attractive women.

I disagree with that. The majority of men on this thread have said they would engage in sex with the female. Furthermore, it's not women's ultimate goal in life to make men find them attractive. If it was, women would spend far more time on their appearance than than they do.

- Bad for society as a whole as hedonism is not agreeable with society.

Wrong. We live in a capitalism society and hedonism is the main drive behind that. Do people go out to work because they want to improve society? No. They go out to work because they want to increase their quality of their life.

If you don't like fat women Mazty, no one is forcing you to marry one. Why not avoid them and engage in a relationship with any woman who will have you.
Okay so I see your 'genetic facts' or more so 'theories' or how it is not in the eye of the beholder - however, how do you explain personal preferences.. because they generally are not things we chose.. They are things that are intrinsic and innate.. We cannot pick and choose the basic forms and levels of attraction...
lol
Original post by .Ali.
Some guys do find fat girls attractive.

It's 'than' by the way, not 'then'. Fail.

Also, I'm not fat, so once again:

For the most part, this is not the case. These men are just settling. If they could choose between a fat woman and a that same woman being slim, 99.99999% of the time, the slim version would be preferred.
Reply 507
And if someone crashes their car because they're driving while stoned? Or texting at the wheel? Or applying their make-up in the wing mirror? There are so many things that could cause a road accident. That is a very weak argument indeed.

As I've already said, fat people pay their taxes so they're entitled to treatment.

There are many bother causes for depression, that the government don't address. Have you ever considered the reasons fat people may be depressed is because people like you constantly put them down? You're very close minded.

- A fat persons taxes may not cover all the expenses depending on the amount of operations they have. And still, the NHS isn't there to be abused - self harming and then seeking medical treatment is abusing the system and wasting doctors time.
I find that insulting to be honest. Self harmers do not waste NHS time, they have a condition that causes them to act that way. It's not their fault. As I've said, close minded. Also, not all fat people have to have operations, not even close.

- Why you going on about skinny women? Don't digress and make strawmen arguments.
To make a point that fat people are not the cause of every problem in society, as you seem to think.

- Self harmers shouldn't be treated depending on circumstance. If they have a genuine problem that has caused self-harm e.g. mental problem, fair enough, they should be treated as they cannot help it. If they have harmed themselves for non-medical reasons, as smokers and fat people do, they should not be treated by any medical institution but should have to pay to go privately. NHS is treating people with genuine medical problems. Self-harming due to idiocy is not a genuine problem.
Ah okay, fair enough about the mental health point.
They pay their taxes, it's their body, they can do what they want with it. I don't understand why you think someone isn't entitled to what they pay for.

- Size is a very good indicator of health. Again don't be naive.

Not really. It can be, but not in every case, so it's ignorant to say so.

- If you win the reading contest in a class filled with kids with autism, you are a winner, but on the grand scheme of things you aren't very high. Understand? :wink:
Is that an attempt to insult my intelligence? Aww what a shame, I might be offended if you had any factual base for that comment. :wink:

- So you are just going to ignore the social implications I mentioned and say "hum eeeer like doznt count cuz i sayz so!". What a thoughtful argument.
Where have I said that?

- Health is a main sign of attraction. This is a well known fact :rolleyes: Reproducing is a vital human need. Imagine a society where a lot of the men don't find the women attractive. Do you really think that would be a good society? :redface: Would it kill you to think just a little bit?:redface:
The first thing I look at in a guy is his eyes. Funny, as that's not affected by his size, health, fitness or whatever. :rolleyes:

Actually, something that affects attraction is a symetrical face. A study was done on the topic, and people found those faces more attractive. The reason why, was because their genes were homozygous, meaning they had more immunity to diseases and were less likely to have genetic problems as their genes were very different. So actually, the face may be more of an inidcator than size.

Fat people do not harm society. However, your grammar burns my eyes. I've highlighted the parts that need improvement. :wink:
Reply 508
Original post by NellGwynne
Which explains 'squashers' and such... People have their own tastes and whatever. I don't see what the problem is. If they ain't casing others harm.. what's the big deal? :smile:
-----

It's ethical human rights to be allowed to pick your own lifestyle. If they want to be fat, let them be fat. :smile: SIMPLE. Comprendes?

I know, right? Urgh, some people are such control freaks.
I think some people need to learn how to develop a logical, cohesive and more structured argument. :smile:
Reply 510
"You girls would rather prefer to believe that, rather than exercise"

I believe you said something along those lines, which seemed like you were implying that I was fat.
My God, if I was FAT and HAPPY, I don't think I'd care about what some shallow minded people had to say.

There are far more imprtant and LESS selfish things going on in the world, like STARVATION, SLAVERY, SEX TRAFFICKING!! People are having simple, basic and pretty much necessary human rights stripped from them and some petty minded idiots find it important to have a go at someone because they are about 10lbs over weight.

GROW UP and OPEN YOUR EYES!
Of course it is.

OH MY GOD, YOU'RE SO RIGHT.

Thank you for telling me how I feel! What would I do without you?! :rolleyes:
Reply 513
She's beautiful. A little overweight around the stomach region, there's no real 'curve' there, but she has lovely legs. And I love her hair.
Original post by NellGwynne
I think some people need to learn how to develop a logical, cohesive and more structured argument. :smile:

I've given up arguing with them now, it's just getting ridiculous :rolleyes: at least there're people like you and Ali :biggrin:
I'm sorry, Sunshine but your mere 'scientific facts' are nothing more than illustrated theories. And no, I'm not a scientist or a health researcher, I'm a just a student but I know that just because science says something, does not make it a more cohesive argument than another persons point of view, because that is all a 'scientific approach' is.

And can't arge that they are wrong?... Well, I can assure you that you do not need written or visual evidence or research to argue a point. Just look at religion - that does pretty well for itself. Now, before you say ; 'well, they have the Bible, and sightings...' - yes, they may, but NO proof. And still without this, logical and structured debates have been held.

And argument needs no foreground nor empirical evidence simply a persons view and personal opinions, which can be delivered using logical structures that show their argument is cohesive and of relevence.

Now, lets be honest if we took your view and argument and applied it to things such as pedophilla, we'd be in a little bit of a pickle, huh? The majority of people naturally reject it - however, that's not enough to say that it is proof. There are many who don't and it is intrinsic to them, not a choice...
Allowed to be fat?

What're you going to do Matzy, come here and stop me? Please.

I can't believe you have nothing better to do with your time than get mad a fat people behind a computer.
No, of course I've thought that far ahead, what the heck do you take me for? I was merely illustrating how immature, close minded, selfish and rediculously shallow you are. Making such a fuss of such silly little things when there are other things to be concerned over... And it's not a strawman at all, just an example of how petty this subject is in relation to them.

And of course it would be more benefical for us to give food to them, let me know when you are sending your own personal food lorry over in the near future if your that concerned. I'll surely through in some food.

But I will agree with you on one thing, excessive eating is a sign of glutteny, which is never a good thing. I do NOT condone people eating until it causes them death and they have to be air lifted in to a grave. It is wrong in whole respects yes and I think people should maybe have more respect and value of their life - however, I think YOU need to respect that it is THEIR choice, not yours. If they were causing you serious harm, then I'd understand your need to lash out. Inless you are secretly a closet fatty being all brave behind a computer screen or you're having some serious personal issues.. then I think you need to have a long think about what you say and you need to, and I quite be 'Less Liberal ****, and more thinking please.

Latest

Trending

Trending