The Student Room Group

Help for working vacation

Hi there!

I hope I posted this in the right place

I'm an 18 year old guy from the Netherlands. A little while ago I decided to go on a working holiday somewhere this summer. After I had collected some information I got the plan to do some catering work in the UK. The UK because I love the country, it's not that far away and if I understand well I

I have found some offers on the internet, but most of them are pricey, or they require that I can spend at least a half year on holiday, but with little luck I can only go slightly more than 2 months.

Because I'm only a student now, I can't afford much. I would like it if I could cover my spendings during my holiday with the work I do. The main reason to go is of course not to become rich, but to meet new people from other countries and to learn from the inside from the United Kingdom.

With a little research I found out that the working & residence permit should not be a problem because I'm from an EEA country. I hope travelling isn't the problem either, so I'm mainly looking for information about jobs or where to stay.

I hope there are members of this forum here who know where I can find more information, or maybe even have done something like this themselves.

What I am looking for is something like this:
http://www.statravel.co.nz/cps/rde/xchg/nz_division_web_live/hs.xsl/live_work_british_pub.htm
except that's for people from the other side of the world only, and three months really is too long.

Quick Reply