Which watch do you think I should get...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Or do you not like either?

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/product/...watch-17440333

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ZS2DMXFMTFMVFA

ReputationRep:
    Aren't they exactly the same?

ReputationRep:
    Came across both when I was trawling the internet obsessively for a watch last year, don't like either of them. What's your absolute maximum budget?

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Came across both when I was trawling the internet obsessively for a watch last year, don't like either of them. What's your absolute maximum budget?
    I think they're pretty nice, I mean, you could wait years to find a 'perfect' watch. Budget is prob £70, I dont see the point in getting a ridiculously expensive watch and paying several hundreds of pounds for just a brand name, Im not a mug. Its just a watch after all. Have you already bought one and if so, which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    I don't like them. :nah:
    ANy reason? What dont you like about them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of watches with loads of different dials. They're just unnecessary and make the face look too busy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them.

That said, I'm not entirely sure what all the dials are for, either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    I think they're pretty nice, I mean, you could wait years to find a 'perfect' watch. Budget is prob £70, I dont see the point in getting a ridiculously expensive watch and paying several hundreds of pounds for just a brand name, Im not a mug. Its just a watch after all. Have you already bought one and if so, which one?
    Mmm, I envy your lack of fussiness, truly I do. I spent a good week browsing, ended up with the Tissot Le Locle Automatic, just less than £200. Worth every penny, absolutely love it, it's going to last me a long time. For £70, you aren't going to get much better than those two, I'd go for the Accurist if you held a gun to my head.

ReputationRep:
    The Sekonda one, if I had to choose.
    Try and look around a bit more?
    If you really don't care, brand-wise, take a trip to Argos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    The Sekonda one, if I had to choose.
    Try and look around a bit more?
    If you really don't care, brand-wise, take a trip to Argos
    Cheers, have already looked at argos though. Im quite fussy about them, but there's no point in looking for perfect watch cos that might never ome along. I dont like plain ones that much but yeh, I guess its just a watch and is there to tell the time....nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Accurist watch best.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like either of them. Then again, I don't think you could get better for £70.

ReputationRep:
    I really like the first one. I like the watches with loads of dials on them, dunno why. But I think if you were to buy a watch, it should be what you like, not what other people like.

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend a little bit more and get one of them Uniform Wares ones or maybe even a Toy Watch. I know that second suggestion is somewhat controversial, but I like them.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, out of those two, the first one the wristband is more satisfyingly chunky

ReputationRep:

I actually really quite like the Accurist one!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.