Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

need help gaining fat Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am too skinny for my liking, thus looking to bulk out all over, particularly my arms.
    However, i've spent months drinking pints and pints of full fat milk each day whilst doing weights / exercise but just see no change, as i have a high metabolism.

so now i'm not sure what to do. i've read i should try n have 6 meals a day, but when i'm at uni all day its hard to do this, any solutions to this?

Also, i'm often away travelling a lot and so could do with some kind of supplement / something compact that i can take away to keep up with weight gains, like a tablet or something? any ideas?

i've heard blending oats could be an idea? what should i be eating / doing to gain a bit of fat all over?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Gain muscle, not fat.

ReputationRep:
    serious answers would be nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Guardian)
    Why do you want to get fat?

You're obviously not eating enough. Simple answer. You don't have a high metabolism which is preventing you from putting weight on.

ReputationRep:
    Post what you eat and drink in a typical day.

ReputationRep:
    gym plus protein shakes. You need to get enough protein in your diet, but make sure you go gym 4-5 times a week, otherwise it has no effect, i have gained a stone in muscle in the last month.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    come to scotland or go to america the two best options

or if you cant get to scotland make yourself some batter put a mars bar in it and put it in a fryer

if you dont have a fryer ask a chippy if they will fry one for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan3va)
    come to scotland or go to america the two best options

or if you cant get to scotland make yourself some batter put a mars bar in it and put it in a fryer

if you dont have a fryer ask a chippy if they will fry one for you.
    This. or a fried quarter pizza (a quart pizza crunch as we call it), fried creme egg or even a fried shish kebab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    This. or a fried quarter pizza (a quart pizza crunch as we call it), fried creme egg or even a fried shish kebab
    we fry our piza's by the half here in the borders and yea just aboput any fried chocolate product, fried kebab doesnt sound bad actually then for pudding fried ice cream

ReputationRep:
    However, i've spent months drinking pints and pints of full fat milk each day whilst doing weights / exercise but just see no change, as i have a high metabolism.

i've heard blending oats could be an idea? what should i be eating / doing to gain a bit of fat all over?

Cheers
    Firstly, post your rough daily diet on here so people can analyse what you eat.

And if you're drinking a gallon of full fat milk a day then that's 2400 calories a day so you would easily put on weight if you were doing that every day...

ReputationRep:
    i drink on average 3-4 pints full fat milk a day.

always have 3 meals a day, porridge for breakfast, sandwich for luncg then standard dinner like pasta or pizza etc, fairly normal diet. i would drink more milk but its hard to take more than 1 pint into uni. so basically i need something i can have on the go?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    That is not a lot of food. At all. Eat more. Double up on the sandwiches, add oats and protein powder to your pints of milk. Heck, blend in Peanut Butter if you have to. These will all add calories and therefore help you put on weight.

This sounds obvious but just increase your portion sizes. Or double the number of meals you have every day. This **** really isn't that complicated. If you're not gaining weight and you want to gain weight, just eat more. If it feels uncomfortable well tough. You either want to put the bodyweight on or not. There are smarter ways to get more calories in but at the end of the day, it's just a question of consuming more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan3va)
    we fry our piza's by the half here in the borders and yea just aboput any fried chocolate product, fried kebab doesnt sound bad actually then for pudding fried ice cream
    do this. alternatively buy some lard and consume as and when desired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    gym plus protein shakes. You need to get enough protein in your diet, but make sure you go gym 4-5 times a week, otherwise it has no effect, i have gained a stone in muscle in the last month.
    :eek:

A STONE in a MONTH.

HOW?

ReputationRep:
    KFC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    :eek:

A STONE in a MONTH.

HOW?
    well, i started going gym a month ago, im 6ft.1 - 6ft.2 and looked skinny, so started going gym 5 times a week, eating 4-5 times a day and protein shakes before or after gym. I gained a stone, although im still not happy with my weight, so ganna keep going and see the progress through january. i now weigh something like 11.7 stone, hopefully by end of January 12-12.5. Lol i know my aims are high but my overall aim was 12.5 stone before i go to uni in september, as i thought i wont be able to keep up the progress.

Umm hope this answers it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    well, i started going gym a month ago, im 6ft.1 - 6ft.2 and looked skinny, so started going gym 5 times a week, eating 4-5 times a day and protein shakes before or after gym. I gained a stone, although im still not happy with my weight, so ganna keep going and see the progress through january. i now weigh something like 11.7 stone, hopefully by end of January 12-12.5. Lol i know my aims are high but my overall aim was 12.5 stone before i go to uni in september, as i thought i wont be able to keep up the progress.

What protein shake do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)

That's really good. WELL DONE!

I'm a girl but I'm joining the gym to get more tone legs with squats in the new year.

I had an eating disorder last year and really want to gain a few pounds.

I'll try this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    What protein shake do you use?
    I use maximuscle Cyclone, i know it's expensive but it does the job. I used to use a much cheaper one about half the price before i went to the gym, and to tell you the truth it was nothing compared to this one. The cheaper one didnt mix properly which meant it was hard to drink. Also another reason i take Cyclone is because it has creatine and i train nearly everyday so i need it for quicker repair.

Hope that helped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.